This Whole30 Loaded Sweet Potato Taco Wedges recipe is the best thing you’ll have for dinner this week! The roasted sweet potato fries are the base, and they’re topped with ground beef seasoned with homemade Whole30 taco seasoning. Then it’s all topped with a quick guacamole, cilantro and pickled onions!
Loaded sweet potato taco wedges are the best kind of sweet potatoes.
So because it’s Friday, and we’re packing up to head to the lake for our annual family getaway, I wanted to make something fun for dinner that was EASY too.
Oh, and did I mention I’m heading out on vacation, because I’m kind of excited about it. Just a little. Okay, a lot.
I also needed to use up the last of what I had in my fridge, and that’s another great thing about this recipe: It’s easily adaptable so you can use what you have!
If you have chicken, this would be awesome with chicken! No guacamole? No problem!
Back to the recipe! Whole30 Sweet Potato Fries
So tonight, I’m piling my sweet potato fries HIGH with ground beef, guacamole, pickled onions, and more!
So for dinner tonight, I made roasted sweet potato wedges with a quick guacamole, homemade taco seasoned beef & crunchy toppings. It’s ridiculously good, and everybody likes it!
The sweetness in the potatoes is awesome against the spice of the ground beef, and because homemade taco seasoning is unbelievably easy and 110% better than anything you’ll get at the store, I included my recipe for Whole30 taco seasoning in this post, too!
Just scroll down and you’ll find it.
Here I topped the roasted sweet potato fries with a super quick guacamole, the best ever Whole30 pickled onions, salsa, and lettuce, and there’s literally nothing better!
Homemade Whole30 Taco Seasoning
There are a ton of pre-made taco seasonings that have additives, artificial ingredients and sugars included, but there’s no need for all that!
This Whole30 and Paleo compliant Taco Seasoning recipe is so easy to make!
You probably have everything you need for it already in your kitchen cabinet to follow my recipe. The ingredients are so simple and delicious that you’ll never buy the packets again!
What Ingredients are in Homemade Taco Seasoning?
Okay, now it’s time to check your pantry! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
That’s it!! Seriously!
It’s hard to choose a favorite part of this dish, but I think the toppings are the best part.
This is important, so please trust me on this: You really should make my sugar-free pickled onions to put on top.
Pickled onions are my all-time favorite condiment! I kid you not. They’re amazing.
Why? Because the acid in them brings your dishes to a whole new place without the fire of raw onions. Even my kids eat them straight out of the jar (I do, too!).
Pickled onions will brighten anything spicy, like they do here for the roasted sweet potato wedges and spicy ground beef. But you can also serve them with your eggs, on any sandwich, or with pretty much everything.
Guacamole, fresh cilantro, lime, lettuce and salsa round out this absolutely fabulous meal. I promise you, this will be the best thing you eat this week! And it may just be the best thing you’ll eat all month!
If you like this Loaded Sweet Potato Taco recipe, then be sure to check out some of my other squeaky clean recipes, like my:
- Weeknight Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers (Whole30, Low Carb)
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken “Nachos” (Whole30)
- Bacon Loaded Parsnip Fries (Whole30)
- Flank Steak BLT (Whole30, Low Carb)
If you make my Taco LOADED Whole30 Sweet Potato Fries recipe, I’d love to know!
Loaded Taco Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet Potato Wedges
- 4-6 small sweet potatoes
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Taco Ground Beef
- 1 lb beef
- 2-3 tbsp taco seasoning (see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
Toppings & Garnishes
- 1 lime sliced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- pickled onions
Prepare the Sweet Potato Wedges
- Preheat your oven to 425. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch wedges.
- Mix the oil & seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Toss the potatoes until they’re lightly coated in the oil and seasonings, then lay flat on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, turning once halfway through.
Prepare the Beef
- While the potatoes cook, brown the beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking apart and turning often as it cooks.
- Drain any excess grease (optional).
- Stir in 2-3 Tbsp taco seasoning and water into the skillet with the beef. Simmer together for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through, stirring often.
Make the Guacamole
- Mash all ingredients together (yes, this might be super obvious, ha). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble your Dish
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on a large dish if you’re serving as an appetizer or family-style or divide among several individual plates.
- Top with ground beef, guacamole, crunchy toppings.
- Garnish with extra cilantro and lime slices.
Homemade Taco Seasoning (Whole30 + Keto)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a small dish or jar. Stir well or cover and shake until fully mixed together. Cover and store in your pantry and use as needed!
- Do you like your seasoning extra spicy? Add about 1/8 tsp cayenne.
- Do you prefer it mild? Just cut the chili powder in half.