Jump to Recipe
Sweet, juicy mangos, spicy jalapeño, creamy avocado, and bright lime juice are just some of the ingredients that make this Whole30 and Vegan Mango Guacamole recipe something truly special. It’s always a crowd pleasing dip to serve with your favorite tortilla or plantain chips, or on top of any Mexican-inspired dish!
How Mango Guacamole was Born
Hint: A mommy mango and a daddy avocado didn’t fall in love and get married. No, it just so happened that I was walking the aisles of the grocery store, and I saw a huge display of gorgeous, ripe mangos. Right beside it was a giant display of avocados.
Okay, now imagine me standing in the fruit section, all three of my kids piled in the cart. Now picture a giant lightbulb turning on above my head. GIANT.
Here is my idea… Mangamole! Maybe I should call it GuacaMango instead!? Nevermind, I’ll just go back to the classic, plain old Mango Guacamole. Okay, now that the name is settled, we can all be on the same page.
The simplicity is what I love most about this recipe. It came together quickly and was jam-packed with easy, familiar tropical flavors. And when mixed together, they really make a fun and exciting spin on classic guacamole.
Here’s what you need:
- Red Onion
- Jalapeno (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make it
First, add the mango, lime, and cilantro to your blender or food processor. Gently pulse until it’s well combined but not smooth. Texture is important here. Next, dice the avocado, tomato, red onion, and jalapeno (if using).
All that’s left is to add everything together. You can stir or gently mash with a fork a bit. Then season it to taste, adding more salt, pepper, and lime juice if necessary.
Like many of my recipes, this is designed to be customized to suit your tastes. If you like things a little extra spicy, add some more jalapeño. You may like more lime or salt.
One of the best things you can do as a home cook is taste, taste, and taste everything you cook as you go. Adjust accordingly. It’ll help you learn to be a better cook, of course. More importantly, though, it’ll help you become more familiar with your own tastes.
More condiments you might like:
- Chipotle Copycat Corn Salsa (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Homemade Taco Seasoning (Whole30 + Keto)
- Sugar Free Pickled Onions (Whole30, Keto)
If you like this recipe, please leave a star rating below!
- 1 mango ripe
- 3 avocados ripe
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp red onion diced
- 1/2 roma or vine tomato
- 1 medium bunch cilantro
- 1/2 small jalapeño optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Blend the Mango, Lime & Cilantro
- In your blender or food processor, pulse together the mango, lime juice, 1/2 of the jalapeño (if using), and a large handful of cilantro with the large stems removed until well well combined. There should still be a little texture to it.
Mash the Avocados
- Cut avocados in half, remove the pit, and ccoop out the insides with a large spoon into a bowl. Dice the tomato and red onion and add to avocado mixture. Add salt and pepper and stir.
Mix & Serve
- Pour the mango mixture over the avocado mixture. Season to taste, and garnish with cilantro and extra lime, and serve with tortilla or plantain chips and veggies.
Connect with me!
Are you going to make this Mango Guacamole? Tag me on Instagram or leave a comment below!