Make your frozen hash browns in the air fryer, and they’ll come out perfectly crispy, every single time! It only takes a few minutes of cooking, and breakfast is served!
Why It Works
A perfect breakfast is just minutes away when you use your air fryer to cook frozen hash browns!
You might already know that air fryer cooking is great for getting crispy food crispy, like tortilla chips and frozen french fries. And that’s why it’s my preferred way to cook frozen hash browns, too!
Because when you cook your hash browns in the air fryer, almost all the time is hands-off, there’s hardly any clean up. Not to mention they come out perfectly crispy on the outside and soft and moist on the inside, every single time!
Serve your hash browns with some perfectly cooked eggs, bacon, avocado, and fresh fruit, and you’ve got the most delicious breakfast!
👉 Master air fryer cooking with my FREE Air Fryer Cooking Chart!
- Frozen Hash Brown Patties: You can find them in the freezer aisle in most grocery stores, including Aldi’s, Kroger, Trader Joe’s.
- Spray Oil: This ensures the hash browns don’t stick to the basket or tray.
Step by Step
Step 1: Do the prep work.
First, preheat the air fryer.
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil. Storebought hash brown patties are already coated in oil to get them crispy, so you just need a little bit of oil in the basket to keep them from sticking!
Using plastic tipped tongs or a plastic spatula, place the hash browns in a single layer in the air fryer basket with a little space between each one. This ensures the air can circulate!
Step 2: Cook the hash browns.
Close the air fryer. Cook for 10 minutes, then stop to flip the hash browns over.
👉 Flipping the hash browns will help to make sure they’re perfectly crispy on all sides.
Cook for another 6-8 minutes, until the hash browns are nice and crispy. This can be done to your preference, so if you like them cooked a little darker, add a minute or two. If you like them a little softer, remove them a minute or two earlier.
Step 3: Serve and enjoy!
Transfer the cooked hash browns to a plate and serve immediately. They’re great served with ketchup and all your favorite breakfast items!
Tips & Helpful Info
👉 Don’t defrost the hash browns.
Cooking the hash browns directly from frozen helps to keep the patties together and will result in the crispiest finished product.
👉 Don’t overcrowd your air fryer basket!
The air fryer cooked with convection, so the air needs to circulate fully in order to cook the food evenly. It’s better to work in batches than to add too much at a time.
👉 Flip the hash browns halfway through cooking.
This will give you evenly cooked hash browns that are crispy on all sides.
👉 Use long plastic tipped tongs or a plastic spatula.
When adding food to a preheated air fryer basket, turning the hash browns over, and removing the cooked hash browns, you want to protect your hands and wrists from burns. Not only will plastic tipped tongs or a plastic spatula keep you safe, but they won’t scratch the basket of your air fryer!
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
Are you making this recipe? I’d love to hear about your experience.
Please share in the comments below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
- 4 frozen hash brown patties, (264 grams)
- 1 teaspoon olive or avocado oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F (194ºC). Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil. Carefully place the hash browns in a single layer inside the air fryer basket, leaving a little space between each one.
- Close the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Open the air fryer and carefully flip the hash browns using plastic-tipped tongs or a spatula. Close the air fryer and cook for another 6-8 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them.
- Carefully transfer the cooked hash browns to a plate. Serve immediately.