This homemade Pineapple Avocado Salsa is incredibly flavorful and so easy to make! Made with fresh, juicy pineapple, creamy avocado, lime, cilantro, tomato, and red onion, it’s the perfect healthy condiment for snacking!
Why It Works
Take salsa to the next level with this crowd-pleasing homemade pineapple avocado salsa!
Pineapple is so versatile and it goes way beyond smoothies (just try my pickled pineapple or pineapple pork chop recipes!). When you add it to salsa, you get a sweet, bold, and juicy dip for all your favorite dishes.
Not only is this chunky salsa is great for chips, you can serve it with fish, tacos, and pretty much anything tropical or spicy!
Best of all, it’s easy to make! You only need six simple ingredients, then once you chop them up and add them together, it’s time to season to taste and dig in!
- For extra spice: You can optionally add diced jalapeno to the salsa. If you like it a little spicy, add in 1-3 Tablespoons of minced fresh jalapenos.
- How to Pick a Ripe Pineapple: Look for golden skin (not too much green) and green fronds or leaves. The flesh should be slightly tender to the touch when you squeeze it, and have a sweet scent, especially at the base. Pineapples are in season March through July, so look for the best, freshest pineapples at the best prices during that time.
You won’t believe how easy it is to make this recipe! Here’s how to do it.
Step 1: Do the prep work.
First, peel, core, and dice the pineapple intoo bite sized pieces. You want to cut the pieces small enough that you’ll be able to scoop them up with a chip.
Next, dice the tomato and onion. Mince the parsley. Juice the lime.
Last, just before you’re ready too put the salsa together, cut and dice the avocado.
Step 2: Mix together.
Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together until fully combined. Give it a taste and decide if you’d like a little more salt and pepper, lime juice, or cilantro.
It’s ready to eat now, or you can cover it and store it in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours, until you’re ready to enjoy!
Tips & FAQ
Yes! Prepare the salsa up to a day in advance, but for best taste, keep the whole avocados separate. Cut and add the avocado to the salsa just before serving. This will prevent the avocado from browning and getting mushy.
Cover or store in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. For best taste, use within 2 days.
More Delicious Homemade Condiments
Making this recipe? I’d love to hear about your experience!
Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Pineapple Avocado Salsa
- 1 medium pineapple
- 2-3 medium avocados
- 1 lime juiced, about 2.5 Tablespoons
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 3 Tablespoons minced cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons minced jalapeno optional
- Core, peel and then dice the pineapple. Dice the tomatoes, red onion, and avocados. Mince the cilantro. Juice the lime.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and season to taste. Enjoy right away or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 12 hours.