This is the perfect no-cook appetizer for your next holiday party or get-together! Prosciutto Pears with Arugula Salad are deliciously sweet AND savory – plus they’re Whole30, Paleo & Gluten Free!
Snacky fingers foods like these are always a hit during the holiday season. And because they’re assembled quickly in just a few minutes, making them a great recipe for last minute guests!
Literally every time I turn around, there’s another event to head to or another get-together to host! It’s such a happy time, but it lends itself to a little too much mindless snacking and overindulging. And that leaves me feeling a little.. eh. Do you know what I’m talking about?
Practicing Food Freedom at Parties
In the years I’ve been learning and practicing food freedom at parties, I’ve been caught off guard a few times. There was the time I went to a baby shower, and I realized there wasn’t even one food option that didn’t include cheese.
A restaurant holiday party I once attended wouldn’t serve anything but wine (no tap water, really?!). So now, when I can, I try to contribute something made with real food to the spread (like my Whole30 Snack Board!).
Whether I’m heading to someone’s house or hosting friends at my place, it gives me at least one solid option to share. As a bonus, I get to enjoy some of the other goodies without loading up too heavily out of hunger.
I made these Prosciutto wrapped Pears with an arugula salad tucked inside for a few friends that were popping by. Because I knew I’d be enjoying a glass of wine or two, I really wanted to serve something light and delicious.
Here’s what you need:
- Red Pears
- Baby Arugula
- Olive Oil & Black Pepper
The sweet pear and burst of juicy pomegranate, peppery arugula, and salty prosciutto work SO nicely together, and with just a drizzle of rich olive oil on the salad, this becomes basically the best thing ever.
Yeah, I said it. This recipe is the best thing ever.
This dish does work best if you assemble it just before serving, but if you need to making these a little bit in advance, leave the salad undressed until just before you’re ready to eat.
You could also leave it undressed completely if you’d rather do without – honestly, they’re still really delicious without the oil!
It’s really just up to you to decide how you like them best. Here are some suggestions:
- Drizzle a little balsamic reduction over the pears just before serving.
- Substitute cantaloupe or another melon if pears are out of season.
- If pomegranate is out of season, leave it off and substitute sugar-free dried cranberries.
Nothing makes me happier than seeing my recipes made in your home! Tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom and drop a 5 star rating below.
Prosciutto Wrapped Pears
- 2 red pears
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 4 tbsp pomegranate arils
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- black pepper
- Wash and dry pears, then slice them into 1/2 inch wedges (about 6-8 slices per pear). Cut away any pieces of the core from the slices.
- Toss the arugula and pomegranate with olive oil.
- Cut each slice of prosciutto in half and lay them flat.
- Lay a pear slice and a small bunch of the arugula mixture on top of the prosciutto.
- Carefully the prosciutto around the arugula and salad, just tight enough so that the salad doesn’t easily fall out. Repeat until they’re all wrapped and lay on a small serving platter.