This ain’t your grandma’s cheese and crackers! Give your holiday party the kick in the pants it needs with these Cranberry Horseradish Brie Bites. They’re the best gluten free appetizer of all time, perfect for your holiday parties and get-togethers.
This recipe was made in partnership with family owned Silver Spring Foods, the world’s largest horseradish grower and processor.
These cranberry horseradish brie bites are a little sweet, a little spicy and a little bit perfection on a plate. Gluten free crackers are topped with creamy brie cheese, zesty and sweet cranberry horseradish, crumbled pecans, a little thyme and lemon zest.
They’re just plain wonderful. And best of all, they take just a few minutes to make, so you won’t miss any time with your guests.
Why I Loooove these Cranberry Horseradish Bites:
The flavor combo!
The creamy, buttery brie is absolutely lovely paired with the sweet and zesty cranberry horseradish sauce. When I served these to the adults at my nieces birthday party, my friend literally stopped halfway through her sentence to say, “These are so good! Wait, how are they sweet and spicy?!”
Don’t worry, they’re not actually spicy at all.. it’s more like a *zing* of flavor!
Even if you don’t love horseradish, I really think you should still give this a try. Sure, you could substitute regular cranberry sauce, but you’ll miss that extra ka-pow that’s so important to the flavor here.
I promise, it’s the perfect combination. Even my horseradish-neutral husband was gobbling up these cranberry horseradish brie bites like mad. To be fair, he loves my horseradish aioli, too!
It’s a crowd-pleasing appetizer that comes together in just minutes!
When I’m hosting, I enjoy actually being part of the party, so I don’t love being stuck in the kitchen alone the whole time. So whenever possible, I like to keep things as simple and quick as I can.
All you need to do is slice the brie, assemble them on top of crackers, drizzle with Cranberry Horseradish Sauce, and sprinkle with lemon zest, pecans, and thyme.
Ingredients/What You Need
I love that the ingredients for this cheeseboard are SO EASY and you can grab them at most grocery stores:
- Gluten Free crackers of choice (or substitute any cracker if you don’t need to stay gluten free). I found the seed crackers at TJ Maxx and the GF crackers at Kroger.
- Brie Cheese
- Silver Spring Foods Cranberry Horseradish Sauce (here’s their store finder)
- Chopped Pecans
- Lemon Zest
The pomegranate is really just for color and a little extra fun. I like to serve the pomegranate broken into small segments (feel free to watch my “How to cut a pomegranate” video tutorial) so people can grab them easily, plus it makes my job a ton easier.
I’m finding that it’s getting easier and easier to find gluten free and even grain free crackers at stores! I found the seed crackers at TJ Maxx, believe it or not, and these gluten free crackers at my local Kroger.
Expert Tips & Info
- Take the brie out of the refrigerator for about 45 minutes before serving. Brie cheese becomes creamy and dreamy at room temperature! It’s worth the wait.
- Don’t skip the lemon zest. It adds just a touch of light flavor that’s lovely with the cranberry, and together they balance the fat in the brie and the bite of the horseradish.
- Assemble a few finished cranberry horseradish bites for your guests, then leave all the ingredients out on the cheeseboard so they can make them. They might like extra cranberry horseradish or different crackers. People love to customize their own!
If you like this recipe, check out some of my other appetizer recipes!
- Gluten Free Cheese Board + Prosciutto Melon
- Blood Orange and Fennel Salad
- Loaded Parsnip Fries
- Prosciutto Wrapped Pears and Arugula Salad
I’d love to connect with you more! Come find me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Cranberry Horseradish Brie Bites
Cranberry Horseradish Brie Bites
- 13 ounces brie cheese
- 1/4 cup Cranberry Horseradish Sauce or substitute regular cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1 lemon zest only
- 16 ounces gluten free crackers of choice
- 6-8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pomegranate
Prep the Ingredients
- Slice the brie cheese into slices, approximately 1/2 oz. each
- Zest the lemon. Pinch the top of a sprig of thyme, then slide your fingers down the stem to the bottom to remove the leaves.
- Cut open the pomegranate and break into small segments.
Assemble and Serve
- Arrange the crackers on a platter or cheeseboard. Top each with one slice of cheese, then drizzle Cranberry Horseradish Sauce over each one.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans, thyme leaves, and lemon zest on top. Serve with pomegranate segments.