Whole30, Low Carb, oven roasted Bacon Wrapped Asparagus! This is the perfect appetizer or side dish for holidays and parties. I’m telling you, people are always SO impressed by this dish! Serve and watch your guests go wild!
The Kind-of-a-Food-Blogger Struggle
The question I’m asked the most: “Is the recipe on your blog?” And for the last five years, I’d cringe just the tiniest bit every time I heard that. Not because of the question, because of the answer. “No…” I’d try to explain:
I stink at technology. I don’t really have time.
But the truth is, I never felt good enough to be a “real” blogger. I still don’t. Over the last few months, though, I’ve heard a little whisper in my ear, a thought that’d pop into my head from time to time. “Bet on yourself,” it said.
So I took a good look at things, cut back at work a little, and decided to give it a real go. The first step: Work my way through the bazillion recipes I’ve shared over the years, and add them to my blog. It’s been about three months, and a lot of them finally have an organized place to exist!
It feels good. I’ve been sharing the recipe for these Bacon Wrapped Asparagus bundles (we call them Bundles of Joy! Ha!) since 2015 on my Instagram page, and today is the big day. It’s finally being added to my blog!
Celebrate the little things, you guys.
Maybe you could even celebrate your small victories by making these Whole30 Bacon Wrapped Asparagus bundles!!
Okay, now back to the recipe!
Oven roasted bacon wrapped asparagus is a super easy and absolutely delicious appetizer or side dish. When I make them for dinner parties or holidays, people go a little berserk over them. Okay, maybe a lot berserk. Why, you ask? Because they’re made with the secret ingredient… love! Just kidding, it’s bacon. It’s always bacon. I’ll say it again — Everything is better with bacon!!
So even though the recipe is so simple, this really feels special!
Whole30 Bacon Wrapped Asparagus FAQ:
Can I grill these?
Yes, oh my goodness, yes! Grill over medium heat for 4-6 minutes, turning occasionally. The thinner cut the bacon, the better (read: crispier) it will turn out when you use this method!
Can I substitute a different vegetable?
Yes! If you’re not an asparagus person, substitute haricot vert or even thin green beans – they work perfectly!
*Noncompliant* but delicious variations:
Because if you’re living your food freedom, you should live it. Drizzle a little maple syrup on top, or a balsamic reduction and a sprinkle of goat cheese. So, so good, but NOT Whole30.
Do you love this recipe for Whole30 Bacon Wrapped Asparagus?
Leave a star rating below!
And if you’re looking for more Whole30 appetizer goodness, then please check out some of my other recipes:
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 lb or 1 large bunch asparagus
- 4 slices bacon be sure it’s compliant! or prosciutto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional (not Whole30 compliant)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash and pat dry the asparagus, and trim off any woody stems at the bottom. Separate into four equal sized bunches.
- Wrap each bundle with a strip of bacon, overlapping the bacon as little as possible. This will prevent undercooked parts of the bacon and allow as much fat to render as possible. Use a toothpick if necessary on the underside of each bunch to help hold the bacon together.
- Lay each bundle on a slotted pan or use a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet (this will allow the fat to drip away from the bacon as it renders).
- Drizzle with olive oil (and maple syrup, if using). Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the bacon is cooked well and the asparagus is crispy.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt to taste and enjoy!