Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes– everybody’s favorite side dish! These air fryer red potatoes are easy enough for a quick breakfast and special enough for date night, so you’ll be making them time and time again. And you know what else? My air fryer breakfast potatoes recipe is Whole30, Paleo, and Gluten Free, not to mention super kid-friendly. Most important, it’s unbelievably easy to roast potatoes in air fryer!
Why I love Air Fryer Red Potatoes
The potatoes get super crispy and delicious on the outside and stay super soft on the inside, all without the need for tons of oil! And when you roast potatoes in the air fryer, it makes them quickly and with much less cleanup!
And guess what? I’m sharing my secret to making them absolutely perfect EVERY TIME.
Like many of my recipes, you only need a handful of ingredients to make this dish. What you need: Red potatoes, olive or avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
*Optional: Add a little cayenne, just a pinch. I also like to sprinkle my air fryer roasted potatoes with some fresh herbs and a drizzle of ranch once they’re cooked and crispy, but that’s up to you!
How to: Roast Potatoes in Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 375F
- Cut the potatoes (while it’s preheating) into bite-sized pieces, about 1/2 inch.
- Rinse the cut potatoes. This step VERY IMPORTANT, so don’t skip it! Rinsing the potatoes washes some of the starch off the potatoes so they won’t stick together in a giant potato clump.
- Pat them dry. Spread the potatoes across a few paper towels and gently pat with more paper towels.
- Toss the potatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Cook. Add to hot air fryer and cook for 20 minutes, shaking the basket or turning once halfway through.
What to do with Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes?
The possibilities are endless, but here are a few ideas:
- Put an egg on it… and some everything bagel seasoning, too!
- Serve on the side of a burger or roasted chicken.
- Make crispy potato tacos (okay, lightbulb! Now I really need to write a recipe for that!! Stay tuned!).
- Serve with my Whole30 Breakfast Chicken Patties.
If you like this recipe, check out some of my other healthy and simple side dishes:
- Chorizo Frittata with Kale and Potato (Whole30)
- Sausage & Gnocchi Power Greens Skillet (Paleo)
- Spinach & Artichoke Frittata (Whole30, Low Carb)
- Easy Roasted Broccoli (Low Carb, Whole30)
Pin it for later:
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
An easy, crowd pleasing side dish that's Whole30, Paleo, Vegetarian and Vegan!
- 2 lbs. red potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Preheat your air fryer to 375F.
While the air fryer preheats, wash the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces, about 1/2 inch.
Add the cut potatoes to a large colander and run under cold water for about 5 minutes, turning them a few times.
Lay the potatoes out on a few sheets of paper towels. Take a few more paper towels and pat them until they're dried off.
Transfer the potatoes to a bowl. Toss with the oil and seasonings to coat.
Pour the potatoes into the hot air fryer (careful not to overcrowd your air fryer), and roast for 20 minutes, shaking the basket or turning once halfway through. Near the end of the cooktime, watch closely and check to make sure it isn't burning.