Are you looking for an egg-free Whole30 breakfast? Who isn’t, right?These easy Whole30 Chicken Patties are made with marjoram, lemon and garlic are served with a quick & easy spicy mayo. We eat them for lunch, dinner, and guess what else? BREAKFAST! Especially if you’re looking for awesome egg-free breakfast options, stick around and read this whole post.
Chicken Patties are Awesome
Even when I’m not on a round of Whole30, Chicken Patties are a great item to have on hand. I like them for a quick morning meal, but I’ve also prepped them for lunch, and even made them into lettuce wraps for dinner.
And when enjoy them with a bit of spicy mayo dip, it’s so, so good, plus a refreshing change of pace from the morning egg routine (here’s another egg-free Paleo breakfast recipe!).
Recipe Ingredients & FAQ
Just a few simple ingredients make these marjoram + lemon + garlic chicken patties!
Ingredients in Chicken Patties:
- Ground Chicken: I prefer thighs but breasts work too!
- Olive oil
- Marjoram (or substitute oregano – see my note below)
- Salt and Pepper
Ingredients in Spicy Mayo:
- Mayo: Be sure it’s compliant if you’re folioing Whole30
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
Q: What is Marjoram?
Marjoram is an herb pretty similar to oregano, but marjoram has a more delicate, milder flavor. For these chicken patties, the marjoram really works beautifully against the bright lemon and garlic, and it takes something as simple as ground chicken to a totally new level!
Note: If you only have oregano on hand, feel free to substitute it in this and any recipe that calls for marjoram. Just use a little less to account for its stronger flavor.
Q: What kind of chicken should I use?
There’s more flavor in ground chicken thighs, so I try to choose them when I can, but ground chicken breasts work just fine too. They’re a lot more readily available at grocers near me, so if that’s what you have too, go ahead and use it!
It’ll still be delicious. I mean, how could it not be?
Okay, I’d love to know: I used to totally be on team “NO!” when it came to savory breakfasts. Over the years and rounds of Whole30, I’ve changed my mind about that and a lot of things. I eat savory breakfasts pretty much every day (just check my Instagram stories!), and lots of non-traditional breakfast foods often, too! I just try to keep it simple.
So tell me – would you eat this for breakfast, or is this more of a lunch thing for you?
If you like these Chicken Patties, check out some of my other make-ahead recipes:
- Chorizo Frittata with Kale & Potatoes (Whole30)
- Easy Collard Wraps with Chicken Salad (Whole30, Low Carb)
- BBQ Chicken & Ranch Sliders (Whole30)
- Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Frittata (Whole30, Low Carb)
Pin it for later:
If you make these Chicken Patties, I’d love to see!
Tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Marjoram, Garlic, and Lemon Chicken Patties
- 1 lb ground chicken preferably thighs, but breasts work too!
- 1 tbsp marjoram
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 avocado sliced
- 8-12 lettuce leaves
Make Chicken Patties
- Mix all the ingredients except for the oil together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet.
- Form the chicken mixture into 3 inch patties (It should make about 8-10 in total).
- Pan fry for about 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
Make the Mayo
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Give the finished chicken patties and squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of flakey sea salt. Serve it with the spicy mayo, lettuce, and sliced avocados.