Today I’m sharing the recipe for how to cook frozen fries in your air fryer! They’re kid (and adult!) friendly, and a really easy side dish you can make directly from frozen with no oil. Trust me, these Air Fryer Frozen French Fries come out perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside!
Frozen Air Fryer Fries
There are probably a bazillion reasons I love my Air Fryer. The one I have is by Ninja, and it does double duty as a countertop oven, indoor grill, and dehydrator… so maybe it’s actually quadruple duty, ha!
Mostly I love that it saves me time and makes everything super crispy without the need for a ton of extra oil.
Whichever type of Air Fryer you have, you’ll be shocked when you see how easy it is to make French fries in your air fryer, directly from the freezer! Trust me, these fries will be on repeat at your house too.
I always keep a bag of French Fries in our freezer for when dinnertime hits and we need an easy, delicious, kid-friendly side dish to go with our meal. Frozen French fries it is!
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Frozen French Fries
Any store brand will do, so long as they’re relatively the same size. Alexia is probably my favorite brand, but whatever you like is great.
- Salt and Pepper (optional)
An Important Tip:
Okay, the most important thing here is this: Don’t overcrowd the air fryer.
The air inside the air fryer needs to circulate in order to cook evenly, and you don’t want to end up with some fries with burnt ends and some that are soggy and undercooked.
It’s far better to cook frozen french fries it in batches than to overfill your air fryer. The max you can fit will depend on your model, but as a rule of thumb just try to leave a little room between most of the fries.
How long does it take to cook frozen French fries in the air fryer?
Well, not long at all! Once you’ve got your air fryer preheated, it only takes between 15 and 18 minutes to cook them, depending on what kind of fries you’re cooking.
Cook Time & Temp:
- Regular Frozen French Fries: 15 minutes at 400 degrees F, tossing or shaking once halfway through.
- Waffle Cut, Crinkle Cut, or Steak Fries: 17 minutes at 400 degrees F, tossing or shaking once halfway through.
These are a few things to keep in mind as you make your fries.
- You don’t need to thaw frozen french fries before cooking. Cook them directly from frozen!
- No additional oil is needed in this recipe.
- Frozen French Fries come already parcooked, which means they’ve been partially cooked and just need to be finished by you. They normally already contain oil and seasonings, and will cook faster than fresh cut potatoes.
Note: The recipe needs to be adjusted if you want to cook your own homemade French fries (check out this post for a fun homemade fries recipe to make).
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Like this recipe?
Drop a star rating below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 1 lb frozen french fries
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 F.
- Once preheated, add the french fries directly to the air fryer basket (no oil needed). Space out the french fries evenly.
- Close the air fryer and set to 15 minutes. Halfway through, shake or toss the fries inside the basket.
- Once cooked, remove the fries, season to taste, and serve!