If you love ranch seasoning, this is the recipe for you! This ranch seasoning mix is Vegan, Keto, and Whole30 compliant, made with simple herbs and spices you probably already have in your pantry!
Homemade Spice Blends
I really like making my own spice blends (just check out my Taco Seasoning post!). So many of the store-bought ones have fillers or added sugar, and that’s just not necessary.
Homemade spice blends are budget friendly, because they’re cheaper than store bought ones, even when I buy higher quality spices to use! And did I mention that homemade spices like this ranch seasoning are absolutely delicious?
You may also like: Fajita Seasoning, Homemade Buffalo Sauce, .
I’m assuming you have most of these ingredients in your pantry already, and that’s only part of what makes this recipe so great! If you’re low on spices, they’re available at most grocers like Walmart or Aldi. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Onion Flakes
- Dried Chives
- Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt
- Optional Ingredients: Dried Lemon or Chili Powder
You can mix it all together and use it as-is, or pulse it a few times in a blender to make it into a powder, which is my preferred method. Your choice!
How to Make Ranch Seasoning
Making your own spice blends at home is much easier than you might think! To make ranch seasoning, simply add all the ingredients to small blender cup or food processor, then pulse the spices together until they’re broken down and uniform.
Tip: Once the mixture is blended, wait about a minute before you open the blender lid. This will allow the powder to settle.
How to Store Spice Blends
Store ranch seasoning, like all spices, in an airtight container at room temperature. Spices are shelf stable for about 4 years, but I try to use it within a year for best taste.
Homemade spice blends are made without anti-caking additives, like silicon dioxide, so over time they may get a bit clumpy. Just give the spice blend a good stir before you use it.
Recipes that use Ranch Seasoning Mix
The ranch seasoning mix is absolutely wonderful in all sorts of recipes! Some of my favorites?
- Ranch Potato Wedges
- Chicken Bacon & Ranch Spaghetti Squash (pictured above)
- Slow Cooker Ranch Pot Roast (also pictured above!)
- Mississippi Chicken
- Quick Ranch Dip: You can make a Ranch dip by combining 2 tablespoons of the mix with 1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt. Cover and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
You can also use ranch seasoning to season grilled or slow cooker chicken, fish, or pork, or to sprinkle on top of a scrambled egg. The possibilities are endless!
Like this recipe? Drop a star rating below!
Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 2 Tablespoon Dried Chives
- 1.5 Tablespoon Onion Flakes
- 1.5 Tablespoon Dried Dill
- 1 Tablespoon Pink Sea Salt if substituting table salt, use ~3/4 tbsp
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoons Dried Lemon or Chili Powder both optional
- Add all the seasonings to a small dish or jar. Mix well.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and pulse until the mixture is broken down into a powder.
- Store in an airtight container until you're ready to use it!
How much of this equals a packet like you buy at the store? As recipes will call for a packet…
Cook at Home Mom says
Hi Wendy, There are two Tablespoons in a packet of storebought ranch seasoning. 🙂 -Laura