Cooking turkey bacon in the air fryer results in perfectly crispy and tender pieces of turkey bacon, every single time. The cooking process is almost entirely hands-off, and there’s next to nothing to clean up after!
Why it Works
Turkey bacon is one of my new favorite air fryer recipes. Why? Because it’s incredibly easy and fast to get crispy pieces of turkey bacon, every single time.
All of the cooking is hands off, which means you don’t have to babysit a skillet. And best of all, there’s no greasy pans or splatter to clean up after because the air fryer contains all the mess!
Trust me, this will definitely be your new favorite way to prepare turkey bacon for your favorite healthy breakfast recipes, too.
- Turkey bacon
- Spray olive oil or avocado oil
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat your air fryer. Lightly spray the inside of the air fryer basket.
👉 Do you need oil? Yes, I strongly recommend using oil to avoid ending up with dried out pieces of turkey bacon. Turkey bacon is much lower in fat than pork bacon, so there’s very little fat to render as it cooks.
The oil helps get the bacon nice and crispy, and as an added bonus, it will keep the pieces from sticking to the basket!
Step 1: Set the pieces of bacon in a single layer in the preheated air fryer basket. Try not to overlap the pieces of bacon and to leave a little bit of room between each piece.
👉 Note: Since the bacon doesn’t render much fat during cooking, it will only shrink a tiny bit. Don’t overcrowd the basket!
Step 2: Halfway through cooking, open the air fryer basket and turn the pieces of turkey bacon over. Plastic tipped tongs tend to be the easiest way to do this without scratching the air fryer or burning your wrist!
Close the basket to finish cooking. About 2 minutes before the end of cook time, open the air fryer and check to see how crispy the pieces are and make sure they’re not getting too dark.
👉 Turkey bacon is done cooking when the pieces are firm, bright in color, and crispy. Adjust the cooking time if necessary to get it as crispy as you prefer.
⏱️ Cook Time & Temp
- Cook at 350°F (177°C) for 9-10 minutes. Cook for an extra 1-2 minutes for extra crispy bacon!
🧊 Cooking Frozen Turkey Bacon
You can totally cook frozen turkey bacon in the air fryer! Cook directly from frozen (you don’t need to defrost it first). Simply follow the instructions in the recipe card below, with. an additional 2-3 minutes of cooking time.
ℹ️ Expert Tips & FAQ
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, per USDA. Reheat the bacon in an air fryer preheated to 350°F for 2-3 minutes, just until it’s warmed through and beginning to crisp up again.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
- Hard or Soft Boiled Eggs
- Crispy Frozen Hash Browns
- Breakfast Potatoes
- Roasted Beets
- Roasted Carrots
- Garlicky Mushrooms
Making this recipe? I’d love to hear about your experience!
Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- 1 lb. turkey bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or avocado oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (177°C).
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil. Lay the slices of turkey bacon in a single layer in the air fryer basket with a little space between each piece.
- Close the air fryer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Open the basket and carefully use tongs to flip the pieces of bacon.
- Close the air fryer and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the turkey bacon is as crispy as you prefer it. For extra crispy bacon, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the turkey bacon from the air fryer and set on a paper towel lined plate while you repeat the steps to cook the next batch.