Air Fryer Baby Carrots are easy to make, absolutely delicious, and the perfect side dish for pretty much anything! When you cook carrots in your air fryer, they come out tender on the inside and perfectly caramelized on the outside!
Baby carrots are carrots pre-peeled and pre-cut to about 2-3 inches in length. So if you want to skip the chopping and prep work, grab a bag of baby carrots!
Air frying carrots brings out their sweetness and makes them perfectly tender on the inside and crispy on the outside, and they do it faster than traditional roasting, with less oil and with less to clean up!
- Use avocado oil or olive oil interchangeably.
- Optionally, add 1 Tablespoon of any extra herbs and spices that you like, like Italian seasoning or Ranch seasoning.
- For Honey Glazed Sweet Carrots: Add 3 Tablespoons of honey and 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- For Garlic Parmesan Carrots: Add 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, and 2 Tablespoons bread crumbs.
🔪 Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Prep the carrots.
While the air fryer preheats, use a few paper towels or a kitchen towel to pat all the carrots dry.
👉 All the pieces should be approximately the same length and width. If you have some huge carrots compared to the others, cut them to a more uniform size.
Toss the carrots with olive oil and seasonings so they’re evenly coated.
Step 2: Cook the baby carrots.
Transfer the carrots to a preheated air fryer basket, arranging them in a single layer. Close the air fryer to begin air frying.
Halfway through cooking, stop and open the basket, then shake the basket or use a plastic spatula to turn the carrots over. This allows the pieces to cook and brown evenly!
Step 3: Test for doneness.
Close to the end of the cook time, open the air fryer basket to check on how they’re looking. Use a fork to pierce one of the pieces – it should easily slide through.
When the carrots are just beginning to brown and caramelize, they’re done, but if you like them a little darker, simply add 1-2 minutes to the cook time.
⏲️ Oven Instructions
To roast baby carrots in the oven, follow step 1, then spread the carrots on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C), and roast for 35-40 minutes, stopping halfway to flip the carrots with a spatula.
Expert Tips & Info
- Preheat your air fryer. Just as we roast your vegetables in a preheated oven, you also need to preheat your air fryer. If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat setting, simply turn it on and wait about 5 minutes before adding the food.
- Dry the carrots. Bags of baby carrots tend to be very wet, so use a few paper towels to dry them off before tossing them with oil and seasonings.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer. The carrots should be in a single layer, with enough room for the air to circulate. Cook in batches if you want to make larger quantities.
- To store leftovers: Allow the carrots to cool, then transfer them to an airtight bag or container. Store covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, per USDA.
Carrots contain about 9 net carbs per cup, so they’re not the best choice for those following a Keto way of eating. However, they’re a better option than some starchy vegetables like potatoes or corn. They’d likely fit with a lower carb way of eating in moderate amounts.
Yes! Cook directly from frozen (without defrosting) and follow the same instructions. Add 2 minutes of cooking time if necessary.
Carrots contain vitamin A, beta-carotene, and fiber. This recipe is appropriate for Whole30, Vegan, Vegetarian, and Gluten free diets.
More Air Fryer Vegetables
- Broccoli. Get perfectly crispy broccoli, using either fresh or frozen broccoli!
- Garlicky Mushrooms. Garlicky and oh so delicious.
- Breakfast Potatoes. Perfect any time of day!
- Beets. Earthy, sweet beets are beautifully caramelized and delicious!
- Zucchini & Onions. A great way to use up your extra garden goodies in the summer.
- Green Beans. Kids and grown-ups love this recipe!
I’d love to hear about your experience making this recipe!
Please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Roasted Air Fryer Baby Carrots
Classic Roasted Carrots
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Meanwhile, use a few paper towels or a kitchen towel to pat all the carrots dry. Toss the carrots in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the preheated air fryer basket and arrange in a single layer. Cook for 23-25 minutes, stopping halfway to turn the carrots or shake the basket.
- Use a fork to pierce one carrot to test if they're done cooking. It should easily slide through. Transfer the carrots to a plate, season to taste, and enjoy.
- For Honey Glazed Sweet Carrots: Toss the carrots with the oil, salt and pepper, plus 3 Tablespoons of honey and 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon before cooking.
- For Garlic Parmesan Carrots: Toss with the oil, salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, and 2 Tablespoons bread crumbs.
- To Cook in the Oven: To roast baby carrots in the oven, follow step 1, then spread the carrots on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C), and roast for 35-40 minutes, stopping halfway to flip the carrots with a spatula.
- To Store Leftovers: Transfer to an airtight container or bag and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, per USDA.