These easy Paleo and Whole30 Pineapple Pork Chops are a delicious Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker weeknight dinner! It’s made in under 30 minutes, then served with cauliflower rice and slices of lime. It’s super family-friendly (my kids are obsessed with it!) and absolutely delicious! And be sure you read the time-saving tips below!
💕 Why It Works
These Instant Pot Pineapple Pork Chops were made in about 30 minutes flat with staple ingredients I pretty much always keep in my freezer and fridge.
The chops are first seasoned and browned, then cooked to tender perfection with bright, juicy pineapple, onions, garlic, coconut aminos, and broth. Instant Pot pork chops come out so juicy and tender!
Once the pork chops are done cooking, the cooking liquid is simmered and thickened into a creamy, dreamy sauce to serve over the pork.
They’re AMAZING in the flavor department. Seriously, they have soooo much flavor! The pineapple is just so bright against all the other rich, savory flavors. It’s a killer combo and it’s sure to be making a regular appearance in your meal plan.
🍍 Recipe ingredients
- Boneless pork chops
- Olive oil
- Diced pineapple. You can use fresh or frozen pineapple interchangeably. Frozen pineapple does not need to be defrosted first. It can be used straight from frozen.
- Coconut aminos. The saltiness of coconut aminos seems to vary from brand to brand, so I recommend starting with a little less and add more depending on how you like it.
- Vegetable stock or water. Use my homemade vegetables stock or your favorite store-bought brand.
- Arrowroot powder
- Salt and pepper
🔪 Step by step instructions
- Brown the pork chops on both sides using Sauté mode.
- Add the other ingredients to the inner pot.
- Cover and cook. Once the pork chops are done, let the pressure naturally dissipate for at least 15 minutes. This helps to keep them tender and juicy! Remove them to allow them to rest.
- Thicken the liquid to make a gravy using arrowroot powder slurry and the Instant Pot set to Sauté mode.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips & FAQ
- Stove Top Adaptation: Brown the pork chops in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add all the ingredients, bring to a simmer, cover, and lower the heat. Cook for about 45 minutes. The extra time really helps tenderize the pork chops.
- Slow Cooker Adaptation: Brown the pork chops in a skillet over medium heat, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the pork chops to the slow cooker and add all the ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2.5-3 hours or until very tender.
- What is arrowroot Powder? If you’d like to thicken sauces and soups when you’re avoiding corn starch and flour, I always recommend using arrowroot powder. It’s a great alternative that’s Gluten Free, Whole30, and Paleo compliant.
- How to make a gravy with arrowroot powder: Make a slurry by whisking together 2 teaspoons of arrowroot and 1-2 tablespoons of hot water or broth in a small bowl. Then whisk that slurry into the instant pot liquid and stir. Simmering, until slightly thickened. You’ll end up with the a perfect Whole30 gravy to serve over the pork chops and cauliflower rice (or make my coconut cauliflower rice fore extra oomph)!
Making this recipe? I’d love to hear about your experience making it.
Please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Instant Pot Pineapple Pork Chops (Whole30)
- 2 lbs boneless pork chops
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups diced pineapple fresh or frozen.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 onion
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock or water
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime sliced
- 7-8 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- Quarter the onion and chop the garlic cloves. Prepare cauliflower rice, if you’re planning to serve it with the dish.
- Pat the pork chops dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode. Heat the olive oil until it's shimmering. Add the pork chops Brown the pork chops for about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the onion, garlic, pineapple, ginger, vegetable stock, and coconut aminos.
- Cover and set to High Pressure for 12 minutes. If your pork chops are thin cut, set for 8 minutes.
- Allow for a Natural Pressure Release for 15 minutes, then carefully turn the steam release knob and allow the pressure to release any remaining pressure quickly.
- Remove the pork chops and pineapples with a slotted spoon and set them aside to rest.
- Make a slurry by whisking together the arrowroot powder and 1 to 2 Tbsp of liquid from the Instant pot in a small dish. Pour the slurry into the rest of the liquid in the Instant Pot, and whisk until it's combined. Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Optionally, you can strain the gravy through a fine mesh strainer. Spoon a bit of the thickened liquid on top of the pork chops and cauliflower rice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with cilantro, lime slices, and cauliflower rice.