You might know it as Big Mac sauce or hamburgerdressing, but from now on, you’ll just call this Homemade Special Sauce amazing! Best of all, this special sauce recipe is Paleo, Whole30, Keto friendly, dairy free, and gluten free!
About the Recipe
I’m telling you, this special sauce really is something special! It’s tangy, creamy, and just absolutely wonderful on burgers!
In fact, it’s such a good burger sauce recipe that you’ll probably start putting it on other things — eggs, veggies, potato skins, and more! Don’t worry, I won’t tell (wink).
- Mayonnaise: See my list of Whole30 compliant mayo brands, or make your own.
- Ketchup: Check out my list of Whole30 ketchup brands, or choose one that’s keto-friendly if you’re following a Keto or Low Carb plan.
- Onion Flakes: This is found in the spice aisle, and could also be labeled as dried garlic.
- Relish: If you can’t find Whole30 compliant relish, just finely dice a dill pickle up.
- Salt and Pepper
Making the Special Sauce
This homemade Special Sauce (aka hamburgerdressing) recipe is one of my all-time favorite condiments. It only takes about 2 minutes to make, because all you need to do is mix the ingredients together.
It’s a really good burger sauce recipe, but I promise, there are endless ways to use it! Keep reading…
Beyond Burger Sauce: Ways to Use It
Here are just a few ways to use the special sauce, beyond topping a burger (which is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it, by the way!). Make Mini Burger Bites, or Big Mac Potato Skins or in my Keto Burger Bowls!
How to Store It
Store the finished special sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days. If you use homemade mayo, it will last less, about 3-4 days.
Pin it for later:
Like this recipe?
Drop a star rating below, or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Homemade Special Sauce
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2-3 tbsp relish*** see note below
- 1 tbsp onion flakes (dried onions)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Make the Special Sauce
- Mix all the ingredients together for the special sauce. Season to taste.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.