You might know it as Big Mac sauce or hamburgerdressing, but from now on, you’ll just call this Homemade Special Sauce amazing! In fact, it’s such a good burger sauce recipe that you’ll probably start putting it on other things — eggs, veggies, potato skins, and more! Best of all, this special sauce recipe is Paleo, Whole30, Keto friendly, dairy free, and gluten free!
- Mayonnaise: See my list of Whole30 compliant mayo brands, or make your own.
- Ketchup: Check out my list of Whole30 ketchup brands, or choose one that’s keto-friendly if you’re following a Keto or Low Carb plan.
- Onion Flakes: This is found in the spice aisle, and could also be labeled as dried garlic.
- Relish: If you can’t find Whole30 compliant relish, just finely dice a dill pickle up.
- Salt and Pepper
Making the Special Sauce
This homemade Special Sauce (aka hamburgerdressing) recipe is one of my all-time favorite condiments. It only takes about 2 minutes to make, because all you need to do is mix the ingredients together.
It’s a really good burger sauce recipe, but I promise, there are endless ways to use it! Keep reading…
Beyond Burger Sauce: Ways to Use It
Here are just a few ways to use the special sauce, beyond topping a burger (which is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it, by the way!). Make Mini Burger Bites, or Big Mac Potato Skins – both are Whole30 compliant!
How to Store It
Store the finished special sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days. If you use homemade mayo, it will last less, about 3-4 days.
More Healthy Condiment Recipes
- Cherry Tomato Bruschetta (Whole30)
- Dairy Free Pesto (Whole30, Low Carb)
- Sugar Free Pickled Onions (Whole30, Low Carb)
- Mango Guacamole (Whole30)
Pin it for later:
Like this recipe?
Drop a star rating below, or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Homemade Special Sauce
The best condiment for your burgers and more!
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2-3 tbsp relish*** see note below
- 1 tbsp onion flakes (dried onions)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Make the Special Sauce
Mix all the ingredients together for the special sauce. Season to taste.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
**If you can’t find compliant relish or don’t want to buy it just for this recipe, chop a dill pickle up into really tiny pieces. It works great!