Want to know how to make the BEST Buffalo Sauce ever? You’ll just need two minutes and four ingredients, and you’ll get the most fabulous Whole30 and Keto friendly sauce of all time! Learn how easy it is to make the famous spicy, buttery sauce right here, right now!
Why We Love It
My husband grew up near Buffalo, NY, and he’s eaten at the famous Anchor Bar (where Buffalo Wings were invented) too many times to count. These two things, he thinks, qualify him as an expert on all things Buffalo.
Chief among those things? Buffalo Sauce. Well, it seems like I must’ve learned a thing or two from him over the years, because this homemade Buffalo Sauce recipe gets 5/5 stars from him! He tasted the sauce and said, “Wow!”
Buffalo Sauce is both spicy and buttery, and it’s pretty much the best thing of all time. This recipe is made in just a couple of minutes, and it’s Whole30, Paleo, and Keto friendly, plus lactose friendly, too! You’ve GOT to try it!
I should also mention that he’d probably be mad at me if I didn’t say, “Go Bills!” at some point in this post, so here it is. GO BILLS! Okay, now back to the recipe.
- Ghee: Ghee basically tastes like a much more luxurious butter. It’s made from butter, but it’s lactose free because the milk solids have been removed. It’s also Keto, Whole30, and Paleo friendly. I highly recommend my favorite brand of ghee, Tin Star Ghee!
*Note: You can always substitute butter and use that instead, and that’ll be Keto friendly but not Paleo or Whole30 compatible, if that works better for you!
- Hot Sauce: There are tons of hot sauces are Whole30 and Keto compatible, but always check the ingredients label to make sure no sugar or other sneaky ingredients are added.
*My favorite hot sauce to use is Frank’s, and Aldi sells a super tasty, sugar free hot sauce too.
- Coconut Aminos. Coconut aminos add a little salty, savory flavor, without any soy or added sugar. If you’re not following Whole30 or Paleo way of eating, you can substitute Worcestershire sauce.
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper, optional: If you like things EXTRA spicy… I’m talking nose-running, eyes-watering extra spicy, then add up to 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Step by Step Instructions
You really won’t believe how easy it is to make homemade Buffalo Sauce. Here’s how to do it:
- First things first. You need to warm the ghee first to melt it into a liquid, because it’s solid at room temperature.
- Add everything to a bowl and mix all the ingredients together using a whisk or fork.
That’s it, you’re ready to start using your sauce! It couldn’t be simpler, could it?
To Store Buffalo Sauce: Store the ghee in an airtight container at in the fridge. I love to use these condiment bottles for all my homemade sauces and dressings!
You can store for up to 2 months, unless the expiration dates on the ghee, hot sauce, or coconut aminos come first.
To Use Buffalo Sauce: Ghee becomes solid when chilled, so the sauce will stiffen slightly at room temperature and will solidify in the refrigerator.
Gently warm it in the microwave for 15-25 seconds and give it a shake before you use it. Alternately, you can set the bottle in warm water for a few minutes before you use it.
Recipes Using Buffalo Sauce
There are seriously SO. MANY. WAYS. to use Buffalo sauce. Drizzle it on veggies, eggs, sandwiches, wraps, or anything that needs a kick!
- Buffalo Chicken & Ranch Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Marinade
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Salad
Like this recipe? Drop a star rating below!
I’d love to hear about your experience making it, and I’d love to see it, too — Snap a photo and tag me on Instagram. I’d be thrilled to re-post to my stories!
The Best Buffalo Sauce – Whole30, Keto
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper OPTIONAL
- Gently warm the ghee just until it becomes fully melted and liquid. You can do this by warming it in the microwave in a small dish for 30 seconds at a time, or in a small saucepan on the stovestop over low heat.
- In a medium bowl, add the hot sauce, melted ghee, garlic powder and coconut aminos. Mix with a fork or whisk until combined and serve.