This Blackened Salmon with Peach Salsa is my brand new favorite (Whole30 & Paleo!) dinner. Juicy peaches and creamy avocado are tossed with spicy jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, and salt to make the BEST salsa of all time! And it’s all served on top of super flavorful blackened salmon.
Blackened Salmon + Peach Avocado Salsa
Truth be told, I wasn’t even planning to take photos of our dinner last night. I was tired, it was getting late… but it was just TOO GOOD not to share!
So I pulled out my camera and took a few quick shots, and I’m so, so glad I did. Because this Blackened Salmon with Peach Salsa recipe is one of my favorite grilled fish recipes!
But really, I’m such a fan of sweet and spicy. Just check out my Grilled Halibut with Strawberry Guac, or my Honey-less Mustard Grilled Chicken Platter — they’re both Whole30 compliant recipes, and they both totally satisfy my cravings for a little heat and a little sweet.
But since summer peaches are at their peak right now in Virginia, I’ve been buying them from the Farmer’s Market every Saturday morning. I buy a big bag, then hurry home to spend the rest of the day standing over the sink, peach juice dripping from my chin.
The Peach Salsa
I decided to mix things up a bit… and pair those delicious peaches with all the lovely flavors of guacamole. Here’s what you need to make it:
- Ripe Peaches
- Red Onion
- Jalapeno (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
The blackened spice blend that I made for this is super simple. I mean, I’m really not one for over complicated stuff– almost everything I make uses ingredients found in a normal grocery store and in your pantry already.
I made this awesome blackened seasoning blend, and you should too! It’s great on shrimp, flounder, chicken, basically anything! You MIGHT want to make a double batch… just sayin’. Here’s what you need:
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- If you don’t like salmon:
Substitute grilled chicken or shrimp. The blackened seasoning pairs beautifully with the peach salsa, whatever protein you choose.
- If you don’t have peaches or peaches aren’t in season:
Substitute diced mango, because Mango Guacamole is unbelievable!
- If you don’t like fruit + fish as a combination:
We can still be friends. Just top the salmon with Corn Salsa!
This recipe is pretty easy to customize, right?
What to Serve with Blackened Salmon
- I’d recommend topping it with my easy sugar free Sugar Free Pickled Onions. They’re the perfect addition to pretty much every dish, ever. I’m not exaggerating. Okay, I’m exaggerating, but only a little! I can promise though, that you’ll definitely love them!
- You can also serve with cauliflower rice, with a side salad, tortilla chips, or fried plantains!
Pin it for later:
If you make this, I’d love to hear what you think!
Drop a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Blackened Salmon with Peach Avocado Salsa
- 4 6 oz. salmon fillets skin on
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
Blackened Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
Peach and Avocado Salsa
- 3 peaches
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp red onion diced
- 1 tbsp jalapeno diced
- 3 tbsp cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Make the Blackened Seasoning Blend
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together.
Prepare the Salmon
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels. Rub the salmon with the seasoning blend on all sides.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, lay each fillet flesh side down in the oil and gently press down. Cook for about 3 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until flakey.
Make the Peach + Avocado Salsa
- Dice the peaches and avocado. Finely chop the red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. Juice the lime. Add all ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste.