This HoneyLess Mustard Grilled Chicken recipe was made in partnership with Silver Spring Foods, family owned and operated since 1929!
HoneyLESS Mustard Chicken – the right amount of zing!
If you’re looking for some *zing* for your next backyard picnic or cookout, I’m telling you, you need to try this HoneyLESS Mustard Grilled Chicken Platter. It’s got everything you love for your next summer celebration, but it’s really healthy! Not only is it a lot of fun, but it’s protein packed and full of fresh veggies, with a lot of really big flavors!
The Whole30 Honey Mustard marinade / salad dressing is totally Whole30 compliant! It’s made with just a few great ingredients – Silver Spring Foods Classic Dijon Mustard, dates, oil, apple cider vinegar, and seasonings. It doesn’t get any easier (or more delicious) than that!
The end of an era
We enjoyed this Honeyless Mustard Grilled Chicken platter last night as a family, celebrating the end of an era. Because in just a few short days, we move out of this house. Saying goodbye to the home we loved for the last five years, the one we brought our babies home to, it’s actually really bittersweet.
It was nice to sit outside, grill fired up, soft music playing, and kids running around the yard, soaking up the little bits of the day’s sunshine. We enjoyed a fabulous platter of healthy food, saying out unofficial goodbyes to this place.
HoneyLESS Mustard Grilled Chicken
But back to happier things, like this recipe! I use the HoneyLess Mustard Marinade as both the marinade for the chicken and the dressing for the salad. It’s creamy, tangy, sweet, and has the tiniest bit of a kick. I think it’s a fun and healthy twist on regular honey mustard marinade.
To complete the platter, I served my favorites! Tender baby spinach, fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, super soft boiled eggs, sliced cucumber. Then I topped everything with cracked pepper, flakey sea salt, and fresh herbs.
The HoneyLess Mustard Marinade is the star of the show, of course! It’s 100% Paleo, gluten free, refined sugar-free, plus unbelievably tasty!
If you like a BIG kick, swap out Silver Spring Food’s Jalapeno Mustard and make a Jalapeno Honey-LESS Mustard Marinade (OMG, am I right?). Trust me, all of their sauces and spreads are the key to adding an insane amount of flavor to your dishes.
Make this recipe for your Father’s Day cookout, for the Fourth of July, really any time, because it’s just THAT good.
I think that between all packing, moving, and pulling my hair out I’ll be up to for the next few days, I’ll still try to squeeze in a few more moments out on the deck. I’ll be doing my favorite thing in my favorite place. Truth be told, the grill will probably be the last thing we take to the new place, since we use it so much… and it’s really, really heavy!
There are a few other recipes on my must-make list before we go.
Well, obviously I have to follow up this HoneyLESS mustard chicken platter with something great. And since I need to use up as much of the stuff in my freezer as possible, I know what I’ll be making:
- Grilled Halibut with Strawberry Guacamole
- Marinated Pork Chops with Garlic Scapes
- Blackened Salmon with Peach Salsa
- Broccoli and Bacon Salad
You should really check out those recipes. They’re all Whole30 compliant, too!
Making this dish? Pin it for later:
I’d love to connect with you more! Find me on my Instagram page @cookathomemom!
Honey-Less Mustard Grilled Chicken Platter
- 2 lb. chicken breasts
- 2-4 eggs
- 10 oz. nitrate-free and sugar-free bacon
- 4-6 cups baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- ½ red onion
- 1 lemon
- 8-10 basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper
Honey-Less Mustard Marinade
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup Silver Spring Foods Classic Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup dates
- 1 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 – 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. Garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. Paprika
Make the Honey-Less Mustard Marinade
- Soak the dates in hot water for about 5 minutes, or until softened slightly. Drain the water.
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender or food processor. Pulse until combined, then blend on high until smooth. Thin with water if necessary to get your desired texture.
Marinate the Chicken
- Pour ¼ of the Honey-Less Mustard Marinade over the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Cook the Eggs
- Boil the eggs to your desired doneness. For Soft Boiled: Fill a small pot with cold water and salt it generously. Add the eggs carefully and turn the heat to medium-low. Bring the water to a simmer, then set the timer for 6 minutes. Remove and set in an ice bath until cooled enough to handle. For Hard Boiled: Follow the same instructions, but simmer for 10 minutes.
Cook the Bacon
- Add the bacon to a cold skillet. Turn the heat to medium, and cook the bacon until crispy, turning.
Grill the Chicken
- Preheat your grill to medium heat (about 400). Lightly oil the grill, then add the chicken breasts. Cook for about 15 minutes total, turning once halfway through. Allow the chicken to rest before slicing it.
Prep the Vegetables
- As the chicken cooks, slice the tomatoes, cucumbers, herbs, and lemon.
Assemble the Dish
- Add all the ingredients to a large serving platter with the Honey-Less Mustard Marinade. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and torn basil leaves. Enjoy!