This is the the best easy Roasted Broccoli recipe ever, totally Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free and Low Carb! Flavored richly with grass fed ghee and nutritional yeast, this is a crowd pleasing side dish to add to any meal!
Best Ever Roasted Broccoli
First, let me share a funny story about my kids + broccoli:
When my oldest was just about 3, I took him to tour a Chick Fil A with a local mom’s group I was part of. They asked each child their favorite foods, and one by one, every kid said something like, “Pizza!” “French Fries!” or “Chicken Nuggets!” …except for mine.
“Broccoli!” he yelled out. Everyone laughed, and he repeated, “BROCCOLI!!!” even louder. Even I was surprised to hear that, because seriously, what kid’s favorite food is broccoli?
Trust me, he’d had his fair share of pizza, fries, and nuggets by then, BUT apparently the Low Carb + Whole30 Roasted Broccoli with nutritional yeast I’d been making for our family was his absolute favorite food. Go figure!
If you’re wondering, it’s now five years later and he’s much more apt to say ice cream, but he still really loves broccoli, too!
My Secret Weapon: Nutritional Yeast
I like using nutritional yeast on roasted vegetables for flavorful seasoning and nice texture, too. Nutritional yeast has a rich, salty, *almost* cheese-like flavor to it, and it totally elevates regular veggies to something new. I buy mine at Trader Joes, and I’m starting to see it pop up at regular grocers, but it’s available on Amazon as well.
This Roasted Broccoli is really easy, quick, and soooo much better than steamed or sautéed.
My favorite thing about the broccoli is that the edges get nice and caramelized. All three of my kids gobble this up – We’re actually getting to the point now where I need to make two sheet pans at once to feed us all!
Check out some of my other broccoli recipes:
- Broccoli & Bacon Salad (Whole30, Paleo, with Low Carb adaptation)
- Sausage, Broccoli and Onion Frittata (Whole30, Low Carb)
- Orange Sesame Chicken and Broccoli (Whole30, Gluten Free)
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry (Whole30, Gluten Free)
Is what you’re looking for is more veggie deliciousness? Check out my how-to on making perfect Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot every single time!
Making this roasted broccoli recipe? I’d love to see!
Tag me on Instagram if you make this @cookathomemom!
Best Roasted Broccoli
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 425. Cut the broccoli into small bite-sized pieces and set in a large bowl.
- Melt the ghee in a small bowl (in the microwave or on the stove, whichever you prefer) and pour it over the broccoli. Toss the broccoli with the oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the broccoli out on top, spacing out the florets as much as possible.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then turn over and stir the broccoli. Sprinkle the nutritional yeast on top and bake for another 5 minutes, until caramelized and browning but not burnt (you may need to watch closely at the end).
- Serve immediately!