This is the the best easy Roasted Broccoli recipe ever, totally Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free and Low Carb! Flavored richly with grass fed ghee and nutritional yeast, this is a crowd pleasing side dish to add to any meal!
This post contains affiliate links. I only share products I use and love!
Best Ever Roasted Broccoli
I promise you, once you make this vegan, low carb, Whole30 compliant roasted broccoli recipe, you’ll never go back to boring steamed broccoli again!
When my oldest son was just about 3, I took him to tour a Chick Fil A with a local mom’s group. A worker asked each child his or her favorite food, and one by one, every kid said something, “Pizza!” “French Fries!” or “Chicken Nuggets!” …except for my kid.
“Broccoli!” he yelled out loudly. Everyone laughed, and he repeated, “BROCCOLI!!!” even louder. Even I was a bit surprised to hear that, because seriously, what kid’s favorite food is broccoli?
But that’s how great this Roasted Broccoli with nutritional yeast recipe is, and I’ve been making it for our family about once a week ever since then.
My favorite thing about the broccoli is that the edges get nice and caramelized. All three of my kids gobble this up – We’re actually getting to the point now where I need to make two sheet pans at once to feed us all!
Here’s what you need to make this recipe at home:
- Broccoli: You can save some time and buy it pre-cut or cut it into bite sized pieces yourself.
- Oil: I prefer olive or avocado oil.
- Ghee: I used Fourth & Heart ghee (it’s DELICIOUS!). If you can have dairy, you can substitute butter.
- Seasonings: Garlic powder & salt.
My Secret Weapon: Nutritional Yeast
I like using nutritional yeast on roasted vegetables for flavorful seasoning and nice texture, too. Nutritional yeast has a rich, salty, *almost* cheese-like flavor to it, and it totally elevates regular veggies to something new. I buy mine at Trader Joes, and I’m starting to see it pop up at regular grocers, but it’s available on Amazon as well.
Is what you’re looking for is more veggie deliciousness? Check out my how-to on making perfect Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot every single time!
Making this roasted broccoli recipe? I’d love to see!
Tag me on Instagram if you make this @cookathomemom!
Easy Roasted Broccoli
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
- Melt the ghee in a small bowl in the microwave or on the stove, whichever you prefer and pour it over the broccoli. Pour the oil, garlic powder, and salt (if using) over the broccoli and toss together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the broccoli out on top, spacing out the florets as much as possible.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then turn over and stir the broccoli. Sprinkle the nutritional yeast on top and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until caramelized and browning but not burnt (you may need to watch closely at the end). Serve immediately.