Easy and flavorful copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa recipe, made in just a few minutes with a handful of simple ingredients. You won’t believe how easy this recipe is with either frozen or canned corn, plus you can make it well ahead of time to serve at your next backyard bbq or get together! Serve it with tacos, fajitas, or tortilla chips for dipping!
By now you know I LOVE Chipotle, right? I eat there all the time, and even make a copycat Whole30 Chipotle Barbacoa recipe in my slow cooker. They’re one of the few restaurants that have Whole30 Approved menu items!
The Chipotle corn salsa is another one of my favorite things about eating there, too, but I decided to make a quick and easy copycat version for a fiesta we were throwing, and it was so fast and equally delicious!
What ingredients are in Chipotle Corn Salsa?
The only ingredients in my Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe are frozen or canned corn, lime juice, tomato, red onion, cilantro, and salt and pepper, so you don’t need too much to make this Chipotle Corn Salsa recipe come to life! I like to keep mine kid-friendly so I leave out anything spicy, but if you want to stay 100% true to Chipotle’s recipe, feel free to dice a jalapeño and include that in here.
Using fresh corn: It’s wintertime right now and fresh corn is very hard to come by. If you have good fresh corn, you can quickly grill or boil it, then allow it to cool it before you remove the kernels from the cobb with a sharp knife.
Making the Chipotle Copycat Corn Salsa
- If you use frozen corn, you need to spend a few minutes defrosting it under water. Alternately, you can use canned corn, which will let you skip this step. Either way, the liquid will need to be drained off using a strainer.
- Dice the onion, tomatoes, and jalapeño if using, and chop the cilantro and juice the lime.
- Once all the liquid has drained off, add all the ingredients to a large bowl. Mix it up, season to taste, and you’re done!
Can I make it in advance?
- Absolutely! I’ve made this an entire day in advance, and I think it’s even better the second day!
Optional Recipe Variations Add-Ons
- One diced Jalapeño or Serrano pepper for heat.
- 2-3 diced avocados.
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic.
Pin it for later:
More healthy sides you might like:
- Mango Guacamole
- Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts and Potato Hash
- Quick Tomato & Avocado Salad
If you like my Chipotle Corn Salsa recipe, please drop a star rating or let me know in the comments below!
Chipotle Copycat Corn Salsa Recipe
The simplest and most delicious corn salsa of all time! I like to serve it with tacos or tortilla chips!
- 32 oz. corn frozen or canned
- 3 limes juice only
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion about 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp pepper
- 1 jalapeno optional
Thaw the corn by adding it to a fine strainer and running cold water over it. It takes about 5-7 minutes.
Meanwhile, wash the vegetables. Dice the onion, tomatoes, and jalapeno, if using. Finely mince the cilantro. Juice the limes.
Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and add more lime juice or cilantro if desired.
Store covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.