Buffalo Ranch Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Casserole! The name might make it sound fancy but this Whole30 and Keto friendly dish is anything but complicated. Get the super simple and absolutely delicious recipe right here, right now!
This recipe was made in partnership with Aldi USA.
Do you need to mix up the weeknight dinner routine? Yes? Well, I’ve got good news for you! This Buffalo Ranch Chicken & Cauliflower Casserole is absolutely amazing, and hardly any work to put together at all.
It’s also Keto friendly as-is, and Whole30 compliant when you use compliant ranch and coconut milk. So whatever dietary plan you’re following, you can make an amazing meal for yourself in a snap!
I bought everything for this meal at my local Aldi!
- Meat: Chicken Breasts
- Produce: Cauliflower Rice (from the freezer aisle), Celery, Green Onions, Parsley or Cilantro
- Pantry: Hot Sauce, Coconut Milk, Ghee, Ranch (if following Whole30/Paleo, use compliant ranch or make your own using my Ranch Seasoning).
- Seasonings: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt & Pepper
Note: If following Whole30, be sure the all the ingredients you’re using are compliant. Be especially careful checking the ingredients in store bought ranch and coconut milk.
Buffalo Ranch Sauce
This time, I used Chipotle Buttermilk Ranch from Aldi, which added a little extra kick. To make the sauce Whole30 compliant, use a compliant ranch dressing or make your own.
Making the Recipe
The steps are super simple, which makes this recipe great for someone who’s newer to cooking and seasoned pros alike!
First, you need to start with cooked chicken. Grill chicken breasts, or better yet, repurpose leftover chicken! Next, make the buffalo ranch sauce. you warm the ghee so it melts, and mix all the ingredients together with a spoon.
Then, in a large bowl, pour the buffalo ranch sauce over the chicken, cauliflower, celery, and herbs, and mix. Spread the mixture in a baking dish and bake until bubbly.
Pro-tip: You can cook once, and eat twice when you double the recipe! I like to make two casseroles in one shot, then freeze half for another day. See the FAQ below for how to freeze it.
Once your casserole comes out of the oven, all bubbly and smelling like heaven, drizzle a little extra ranch and hot sauce on top, and sprinkle the extra celery and herbs on top.
If you’re following a Keto/Low Carb eating plan, you can sprinkle some crumbled blue cheese on top, too. Serve with sliced avocado.
Follow the instructions through step 5, when the buffalo ranch and chicken cauliflower mixture is combined. Cover and refrigerate for up to a day, until you’re ready to cook. Stir it up again, then press into a baking dish and bake.
Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Absolutely! Transfer the uncooked chicken and cauliflower mixture to your slow cooker and gently press it down with a spoon so it’s evenly spread. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours.
Like this recipe? Please tap the 5 star rating below!
Buffalo Ranch Chicken & Cauliflower Casserole
Chicken & Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 24 oz. cauliflower rice (2 bags frozen)
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked* optional – see note below.
- 3-4 green onions
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
Buffalo Ranch Sauce
- ⅔ cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch be sure it's compliant if following Whole30
- 3 tbsp ghee slightly warmed
- ⅛ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
Serve with (optional)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese *This is Keto friendly but NOT Whole30/Paleo
- Cook the Chicken. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill or pan fry until cooked through. Set the chicken aside on a small plate until cooled enough to handle, then dice into bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Set the cauliflower rice out to defrost (It's okay if it's not fully defrosted by cook-time).
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the green onions, separating the white parts from the green. Chop the cilantro. Dice the celery.
- Make the Buffalo Sauce: Gently warm the ghee just until it’s melted in a small dish in the microwave for about 10 seconds at a time. In a medium bowl, mix the hot sauce, ranch, ghee, coconut milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper together until combined.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken, cauliflower rice, half of the celery, cilantro, white parts of the onion, and eggs (if using eggs) with the buffalo sauce. Pour the mixture into a baking dish, pressing down gently with a spoon to spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. It should be bubbly and just starting to get a little crispy.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, top with blue cheese (if using) or an extra drizzle of ranch, the reserved cilantro and celery and the green sliced onions. Serve with sliced avocado.