The complete list of all the Whole30 and Paleo Frozen Meals available to make your life a little easier, with prices and where to buy them!
Paleo & Whole30 Convenience Food
Back in the day when I had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to do my Whole30s (I kid!), Whole30 compliant convenience items were almost unheard of. About 99.99% of what we ate was totally homemade, and we. were. exhausted.
Thankfully, it’s 2020 and the past is in the past. Food companies and grocers have listened to us, and pretty much everything you could ever want for your Whole30 journey is now available with ease.
Nowadays, there’s even Whole30 and Paleo Frozen Meals! The Stouffers and Hungry Man aisle has finally made some space for squeaky clean frozen meals that work with the Whole30 and Paleo lifestyle, and many are available at Walmart, Target, Kroger, and more!
And I couldn’t be happier.
So here I am, rounding up every single Whole30 and Paleo Frozen Meal I can find, telling you what I think about them, and sharing the price and where to buy them!
I tend to keep a few freezer meals around for myself on busy days when I need to grab lunch in a hurry. My husband always stores a few in the freezer at his office, because he sometimes gets stuck there through dinner without notice.
So whether you lean on frozen meals for busy days or keep them in the regular rotation, they’ll definitely make your Whole30 and Paleo lifestyle a lot easier.
*Note: Every meal that’s Whole30 Approved and/or Whole30 compliant will automatically be Paleo compliant as well.
Whole30 Approved Frozen Meals
I’m kicking things off with all of the Whole30 Approved frozen meals! When meals have the official Whole30 stamp of approval on their branding, that means the meal and ingredients are Whole30 compliant and the company itself has met the ultra high standards of the Whole30 team.
And as of 2021, all Whole30 Approved brands must also have third party verification that they meet or exceed their listed Animal Welfare standards.
So when you see that Whole30 Approved symbol on food packaging, you’re good to go, no label-reading required (although I’m sure the coaches would tell you there’s never a time to skip it!).
Great Value Frozen Meals – Whole30 Approved
You might’ve heard the big announcement from the Whole30 team about these meals and their partnership with Walmart, and I’ve been seeing them all over Instagram ever since.
- Price: $5.00
- Meals: Chicken Coconut Curry, Harvest Chicken, Indian Butter Chicken, Mediterranean Chicken, Orange Chicken, Pesto Chicken, Rosemary Chicken, and Barbecue Chicken.
My favorites: Coconut Chicken Curry and Orange Chicken
- The price point is great, and the accessibility is amazing. Because Walmart is a grocery giant, you’ll always have access to convenient Whole30 approved frozen meals no matter where you live. That’s really important!
- I really appreciate the variety of meals offered. Even though they’re all currently using chicken as the protein, the flavors and vegetables used are different enough that you could eat one a week
- Whole30 has also required that by 2024, the chicken will meet much higher standards. You can read more about that on their blog.
- At 10 oz., the serving size is a little smaller than I’d prefer. They’re fine for a meal in a pinch, but I usually need to add some extra elements in order to feel satiated and make it to the next meal.
- Every meal uses chicken as the protein. This doesn’t bother me at all, but it might if you’re not a chicken person or if you prefer a little more variety.
- The sodium content is higher in these meals than the others. I don’t worry about it too much, but that’s a consideration for some.
Where to Buy Great Value Whole30 Frozen Meals:
These are a Walmart exclusive. Check out my Whole30 Groceries at Walmart to see the other goodies you can get there!
Grandcestors – Whole30 Approved
Grandcestors is like the OG of Whole30 compliant frozen meals. They’ve been doing it for a long time, and they have a loyal fanbase of people who really love them!
- Price: $8.99 – $9.99
- Meals: Colorado Hash, Cottage Pie, Meatloaf, Grumbo, Chicken Tikka Masala, Jambalaya
My favorites: I haven’t tried them all yet, but I really like the Chicken Tikka Masala and the Colorado Hash a lot!
- The portions are slightly larger than the Great Value meals, weighing in at 12 – 14 oz. That might not seem like a lot more, but it’s definitely a noticeable amount.
I feel full and satiated after I eat a Grancestors meal and don’t need to add anything else to it. It’s very nice to have a truly grab and go option for a Whole30 meal.
- I’m such a sucker for good branding, and they recently said goodbye to their their previously transparent plastic packaging (seen above on the left as they’re still phasing it out). Their new packaging is lovely and very appealing!
- The price point puts this a bit higher than the other grocery store options. Now many of us don’t mind paying a premium for high quality products especially when completing a Whole30, but it’s costly enough that it makes me limit my purchases to times when I really don’t have another option.
- The meals that contain cauliflower rice tend to eat a little on the soggy side.
Where to Buy Grandcestors
Walmart stores, their online store, or use their store locator.
Paleo on the Go – Whole30 Approved
I have to confess, I haven’t tried these meals yet, but they’re definitely on my list to try soon. If you’ve tried them, please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!
- Price: Ranges from $12.50 for Butternut Squash Soup to $22.95 for Beef Stew
- Meals: Tom Kha Gai, House Burger, German Brats, White Chicken Chili, Shrimp Pad Thai, Coq Au Vin, Turkey Tetrazzini, Beef Short Ribs and more.
- There are a ton of options to choose from, and they very clearly label AIP, Keto, and Whole30 compliant options to make it easy to choose what works for you. If you have different dietary needs in your family, this service works well because you can choose some of each.
- Nationwide delivery means it gets delivered right to your doorstep!
- Although they offer product bundles and subscriptions to help bring the cost down slightly, the price is significantly higher than other options, which puts this out of reach for a whole lot of folks.
Where to Buy Paleo on the Go
Paleo & Whole30 Compliant Freezer Meals
Okay, here we are at the Paleo and Whole30 compliant section. What does that mean?
The ingredients in the meals meet the dietary restrictions and requirements for those following a Whole30 or Paleo diet. It doesn’t necessarily mean these products are any lower in quality in any way, but it does means they haven’t gotten the official approval from the Whole30 team.
Beetnik Foods – Most are Whole30 Compliant
These little boxes are the hidden gems of the frozen food aisle! They’ve got a nice selection of meals to choose from, and everything is Organic, plus they’re sold at a killer price point.
- Price: $5.00 (Walmart) – $7.99, depending on where you buy
- Meals: Lemongrass Chicken, Shepherd’s Pie, Chicken Chili Verde, Lemon Chicken, Beef Meatballs, Peruvian Chicken, Chicken Meatballs.
*Note: Not every single product is Whole30 compliant, so you’ll need to check the labels to confirm. Of the meals that have the big P symbol on the front (it means Certified Paleo), the only one that was NOT Whole30 compliant was the Beef Chili with Sweet Potatoes. It contains honey.
My Favorites: Lemongrass Chicken and Shepherd’s Pie
- The sodium content is the lowest that I’ve seen among the frozen meals.
- They use all Organic and non-GMO meat and vegetables, which is amazing! Many of the frozen meals are certified Paleo, and all are certified Gluten Free.
- The price! It only costs $5.00 at Walmart, which is very reasonable for the quality here.
- The variety in the meals is awesome, and the flavors are all bright and enjoyable, but not overpowering if you’re not super adventurous. My husband says these are his favorite of all the frozen meals!
- The portion sizes are on the small size. At 10-11 oz. each, they’re the same or similar weight as the Great Value meals. In my opinion, they’re still a little more substantial and satiating, but I still usually need to supplement with extra veggies or fruit to make it to my next meal.
Where to Buy Beetnik Foods
Pete’s Paleo – Most are Whole30 Compliant
Pete’s Paleo offers a huge selection of Paleo meals. Some are shipped fresh and ready to eat, and their Eat What You Love collection is shipped frozen. Since this is all about Whole30 and Paleo frozen meals, that’s the collection of meals I’ll be focusing on.
Price: $15.25 – $18.25 with Free Shipping
Meals: Change on a weekly basis.
Note: I haven’t tried this service myself so I can’t speak to the taste or quality myself, although I’ve heard really good things over the years.
- The convenience of having meals delivered to you wherever you need them is really wonderful.
- They use seasonal, fresh ingredients, and provide a ton of variety because they change their menu offerings every single week! This totally helps with food boredom and burnout.
- Each meal does NOT have a list of ingredients available to view on their website, so it isn’t super easy to figure out which meals are Paleo and which are Whole30 compliant. If you have some flexibility, that won’t make a difference, but if you’re completing a Whole30, it definitely does.
Where to by Pete’s Paleo
Their online store.