Cooked right between soft boiled eggs and hard boiled eggs, these jammy eggs are the best of both worlds! The yolks are a little bit creamy and a little bit silky smooth! I’m giving you step by step instructions on how to make perfect jammy boiled eggs, every single time.Jump to Recipe
About the Recipe
They’re the best tasting, easiest protein for your healthy meals. I think they’re the perfect addition to salads, platters, and just to eat on their own. Learning to make the perfect jammy egg was a total game changer to my meal prep game, so today I’m sharing exactly how I do it.
Be sure to watch the step-by-step instructional video!
How to Make Perfect Jammy Boiled Eggs
Now you might like your eggs done a little differently (don’t worry, I won’t be mad at you!). If you like them cooked softer or harder, just follow the directions below, but slightly adjust the cook times.
Soft Boiled Eggs: Cook for 5.5 – 6 minutes
Jammy Eggs: Cook for 7 minutes
Hard Boiled Eggs: Cook for 8.5 minutes
Ways to use them
Wondering what to do with these perfect eggs, once they’re ready? The possibilities go way beyond what you might think, so check out some of these healthy recipes (they all would be rockin’ with these jammy eggs!):
- Honey-less Mustard Grilled Chicken Platter (Whole30)
- Asian Rainbow Salad Bowls with Shrimp (Whole30)
- Fried Avocado BLT (Whole30, Low Carb)
- 5 Minute Club Grilled Chicken Salad Kit (Gluten Free)
- Chicken & Bacon Caesar Salad (Whole30, Low Carb)
Nothing makes me happier than seeing my recipes made in your homes!
How to Make Perfect Jammy Eggs
- Sauce Pan
- 6 eggs
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a slow boil (it should be more than simmering).
- Gently drop in the eggs, one at a time, leaving a little space between each egg.
- Set the timer for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath. Add a few cups of ice to a large bowl, then fill with water.
- One the timer goes off, remove the eggs using a slotted spoon. Set them in the ice bath. This stops the cooking process.
- Allow them to cool enough to handle, but remove them before they're chilled. While they're still a little warm, peel the eggs.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Don't slice them until you're ready to eat them!
Cook time for Hard Boiled Eggs: Cook for 8.5 minutes