These Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs are absolutely wonderful! If you’re looking for a fabulous breakfast or appetizer, a Whole30 or Keto recipe, or just a fun recipe that uses Everything Bagel Seasoning, I’ve got you covered!
Why We Love It
Deviled Eggs are one of the most beloved classic appetizers of all time, and quite possibly my husband’s favorite thing to eat!
They’re made by taking creamy hard boiled egg yolks and mixing them with mayonnaise and other seasonings. That heavenly mixture is then spooned or piped back into the egg white cup and voilà! The result is an absolutely fabulous bite, every single time.
But maybe the best thing about Deviled Eggs is that you can totally customize them! You can make go with a totally classic deviled egg recipe, or reinvent them with any combination of your favorite herbs and spices, like I did here with these Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs.
This recipe is Keto and Whole30 compliant, simply because I used avocado oil sugar-free mayonnaise.
All the other ingredients already work perfectly for both ways of eating, which definitely makes sticking with your plan simple!
Did I already mention the unbelievably simple recipe list for this recipe? You really only need four household staple ingredients (six if you could salt and pepper), and you’re in business. Here’s what you need:
- Dijon Mustard
- Everything Bagel Seasoning, either homemade or store-bought.
- Mayo: I like Primal Kitchen or Sir Kensington’s (both are Whole30 compatible and Keto friendly!).
- Apple Cider Vinegar or substitute lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper: I tend to go very light on the salt or omit it completely, since bagel seasoning can be pretty salty. This can be done to taste.
Making the recipe
- To hard boil eggs, submerge the eggs in salted water in a medium pot, then bring to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Once they’re cool, peel the eggs.
- Alternately, learn to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer!
Next, slice the eggs in half and remove the yolks and transfer them to a bowl. Mash the yolks well with a fork.
Add the mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper, and any other optional ingredients you’re using. Mash the mixture again until you reach a creamy, smooth consistency.
Last, spoon or pipe the yolk-mayo mixture into each egg white cup. I’ve never been one to spend too much time making things look pretty, so a spoon works just fine for me!
Finally, sprinkle each deviled egg lightly with everything bagel seasoning, and serve!
You can make deviled eggs a few hours in advance, but keep them stored in an airtight container, refrigerated or in a cooler, right up until you’re ready to serve. It’s also recommended to wait to add any toppings until just before serving so they don’t get soggy.
Store leftover deviled eggs in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Absolutely! Simply substitute an equal amount of smashed avocado.
Like this recipe? Drop a star rating below!
Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs (Whole30, Keto)
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tablespoon mayo
- 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or substitute lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons everything bagel seasoning
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoons fresh chives minced
- 1/8 teaspoons chili powder or a drizzle of hot sauce
Make the Hard Boiled Eggs
- Submerge the eggs in salted water in a medium pot, bring to a simmer, and cook for 8 minutes. Set the eggs in an ice bath to stop the cooking process, then peel the eggs. Slice them in half with a sharp knife lengthwise.
Make the Yolk-Mayo Mixture
- Next, remove the yolks and transfer them to a bowl. Mash the yolks well with a fork. Add the mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper, and any other optional ingredients you’re using. Mash the mixture again until you reach a creamy, smooth consistency.
Assemble the Deviled Eggs
- Spoon or pipe the yolk-mayo mixture into each egg white cup. I’ve never been one to spend too much time making things look pretty, so a spoon works for me! Then sprinkle each deviled egg lightly with the everything bagel seasoning, and keep chilled until you serve!