Impress your guests with this simple and delicious appetizer! Prosciutto Wrapped Melon with Basil, served with a simple gluten free cheese board, alongside some gluten free crackers and nuts. It’s perfect for your next holiday party or get together!
Why We Love It
I made this simple gluten free snack board for a get together with some friends a while back, just before Christmas. I took some photos, we all dug in… and then forgot to share about it. Typical Laura! It was Christmastime and I was distracted, so here I am, months later, finally writing up this blog post.
If you happen to be reading this near the holidays, be sure to check out my holiday gift guide post.
In any case, I think this gluten free snack board would go beautifully with my Holiday Kombucha Mocktail, my Grapefruit Sage Sparkler Mocktail, or my Boozy Arnold Palmer (this one was featured on Buzzfeed!)
- Gluten Free Crackers. I used Simple Mills.
- Sharp White Cheddar Cheese. Use any brand you like! I used Tilamook.
- Goat Cheese. I used marinated Orange & Fennel Goat Cheese from Chevoo.
- Melon. Use canteloupe or honeydew.
The star of the show is totally the prosciutto wrapped melon segments, each with a few basil leaves tucked inside the prosciutto and finished with a crack of black pepper.
It’s the perfect combination of sweet, juicy, herbaceous, and savory. I’m telling you, you will love it and your guests will be super impressed. Just don’t tell them it only took five minutes to make!
Recipe Variation Ideas: Drizzle balsamic glaze over the prosciutto wrapped melon just before serving, or swap peaches instead of melon.
More Delicious & Easy Appetizers
- Keto + Low Carb Charcuterie Board
- Snack Board Crudites with Romesco and Hummus
- Barbacoa Beef & Plantain Sliders
- Prosciutto Wrapped Pears with Arugula Salad
- Blood Orange and Fennel Salad
Making this dish? I’d love to see!
Please tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom! And if you like it, please tap the 5 stars below!
Prosciutto Wrapped Melon & Gluten Free Snack Board
- 1 cantaloupe
- 6 ounces prosciutto
- 1 small bunch basil
- 1 cup pistachios
- 8 ounces gluten free crackers
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 6 ounces gouda or cheddar cheese
Make the Prosciutto Wrapped Melon
- Cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Slice into 1-2 inch segments and cut away the skin.
- Lay a slice of prosciutto on a cutting board. Sprinkle a few basil leaves on top of the prosciutto, then set the melon segment on top.
- Wrap the prosciutto around the melon a few times. Repeat until all are wrapped. Sprinkle fresh black pepper on top.
Assemble the Snack Board
- Slice the cheese and arrange with the prosciutto wrapped melon and nuts on a board. Garnish with a few extra basil leaves.