It only takes about 5 minutes and a few household staples as ingredients to make these no-cook Apple Pie Overnight Oats! They’re super delicious, healthy, easy to make, and a great way to start the day!
Why It Works
You seriously need to whip up a few jars of these Apple Pie Overnight Oats! Just like my coconut milk overnight oats or blueberry chia pudding, this is a make-ahead breakfast that’ll keep you full without weighing you down!
It’s made with wholesome, heart-healthy ingredients like rolled oats, chia seeds, apples, and almond milk, then sweetened with all-natural maple syrup. That’s right – there’s no refined sugar, and there’s a ton of texture in every bite!
The health benefits of oats include fiber, carbohydrates, and important vitamins and minerals like manganese, magnesium, and vitamin B1.
So you can feel good about every single delicious bite. Basically, every bite is just like apple pie, except it’s a better-for-you breakfast! And best of all, this is totally vegan and gluten free friendly!
- Don’t use baking apples for this recipe. Instead, use eating apples (aka snacking apples), like fuji, gala, Honeycrisp, or ambrosia apples.
- Use old fashioned rolled oats in overnight oats, not quick cooking oats. Quick oats have already been partially cooked and will come out mushy in this recipe!
- Make sure to buy confirmed or certified gluten free oats if you have a gluten allergy or sensitivity!
- I recommend using unsweetened almond milk so that you have complete control over the level of sweetness and can customize it to your tastes.
- Light coconut milk, cow’s milk, or oat milk are great substitutes for almond milk in this recipe, depending on your dietary preferences.
- You may omit all the spices and substitute 1 teaspoon apple pie spice if you have it handy!
- Optional ingredients: Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, or raisins per serving.
Step 1: Cut the apples into small pieces. Use a knife to dice the apple. Alternately, you can use a box grater to grate the apples into tiny shredded pieces.
👉 For softened apples: If you prefer softened apples, microwave the diced apples in a dish with water for 1.5-2 minutes, then allow them to cool and drain the water completely. I like a lot of crunchy texture, so I skip this step.
Step 2: Assemble the ingredients. Add the oats, diced apples, chia seeds, spices, almond milk, and maple syrup to two mason jars or a large bowl or container. Mix the contents well with a spoon.
Step 3: Refrigerate. Cover and set the oats in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours. The chia seeds and oats will absorb the liquid and soften over time and create the delicious oatmeal texture we all love!
Give the oats a stir, then top with any of your favorite toppings and enjoy! You can eat it cold right out of the fridge or warm it in the microwave.
⚡ Want it faster? You don’t have to wait overnight! If you simply heat the ingredients once assembled, they’ll be ready for eating in under five minutes.
- Microwave one serving at a time, uncovered, for 2 minutes on High.
- Allow the oats to sit for another 2 minutes.
- Stir and eat right away!
Tips & FAQ
Use 3/4 – 1 cup of liquid for every 1/2 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats. The amount you use should depend on the consistency you enjoy. If you like your oats a little creamier, add more milk.
Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, per USDA.
You can definitely peel the apple if you prefer that, but apple skins are full of vitamins and minerals, and I personally enjoy the extra texture, so I leave them unpeeled.
I’d love to hear about your experience making this recipe!
Please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 apple (choose a snacking apple like gala, fuji, or honeycrisp)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut the apple into small pieces. Use a knife to dice the apple or a box grater to grate the apple into small pieces.Optional: If you prefer softened apples, microwave the diced apples in a dish with water for 1.5-2 minutes, then allow them to cool and drain the water completely.
- Add the oats, diced apples, chia seeds, spices, almond milk, and maple syrup to two mason jars or a large bowl or container. Mix the contents well with a spoon.
- Cover and set the oats in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours. Stir the oats, then you may eat them chilled directly from the fridge or warm them in the microwave.
- Make it faster: To skip the overnight wait, microwave one serving of oats at a time, uncovered, for 2 minutes on High. Allow the oats to sit for another 2 minutes. Stir and eat right away!
- Optionally, omit all the spices and substitute 1 teaspoon apple pie spice if you have it handy.
- Storing leftovers: Overnight oats should be tightly covered or in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, per USDA.