These pecan pie and date energy balls are little bites full of sweet pecan pie flavor! They’re a delicious no-cook recipe made in just a few minutes with simple, clean ingredients that are Vegan and Gluten free friendly.
Energy balls are a great way to get a sweet treat or snack, and these pecan pie energy balls are absolutely fabulous! They taste like tiny bites of pecan pie, but they’re made with squeaky clean ingredients.
My kids like to call them snow balls, because they actually look like fluffy little snowballs. You could probably make snowmen out of them, if you wanted!
So if you like healthy desserts, grab your ingredients and whip up a batch – no cooking required! Make them for your next get together or party, or for a fun after school snack.
All of the recipe ingredients can be found at your local grocery store. Here’s what you need:
- Dates. Make sure they’re pitted dates, or you’ll need to spend a few minutes removing each pit.
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar. To adapt this recipe to be Paleo, either omit the powdered sugar or use a Paleo friendly version.
Note: If you have a gluten allergy or sensitivity, be sure to check every ingredient label to be sure they’re certified gluten free!
Making this recipe is incredibly easy! First, add all the ingredients except for the powdered sugar to a food processor or high speed blender.
You want to simply break down the nuts and dates, so pulse them together in the food processor. You may need to stop a few times to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
The mixture should be fully combined but still have a little texture to it, so that you get that nice nutty crunch when you bite into it.
Next, use a spoon or mini ice cream scooper to scoop out the mixture. Use your hands to roll the scoops into even sized, round balls.
Chill the balls in the refrigerator, then roll them gently into the powdered sugar.
To store: Transfer the balls to an air tight container or zip top bag, and store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Making this recipe? I’d love to hear about your experience!
Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Pecan Pie Energy Balls
- 8 oz. pecans about 2 cups
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Add all the ingredients except the powdered sugar to a food processor or blender. Pulse about 15-20 times to break down the ingredients, but avoid over-blending. A little bit of crunchy texture is a good thing!
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Use your hands or a mini ice cream scoop to roll the mixture into balls, about 1-1.5 Tablespoon each.
- Set the balls on a parchment lined tray or plate. Set in the refrigerator and chill for about 20 minutes, up to an hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll each ball in the powdered sugar until coated on all sides.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until you're ready to enjoy!