Three ingredients and less than 20 minutes is all you need to make these fabulous Prosciutto Egg Cups. These egg cups are a great breakfast option for Whole30, Paleo, and Low Carb/ Keto eating plans! Best of all, you can choose between cooking your egg cups in the air fryer OR the oven!
It’s no secret I love prosciutto (just check out my Prosciutto Wrapped Pears recipe!). Why? I think prosciutto the perfect addition to meals that need a little savory, salty goodness. I’m also in love with my air fryer (I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY).
So it’s no wonder I’m crazy for this Whole30 & Keto, Air Fryer (or Oven) Prosciutto Egg Cups recipe.
These little egg cups come together in under 20 minutes total, and I’m telling you, everyone I’ve ever made them for goes BANANAS over them. It’s all in the presentation, and the presentation is 100%.
Psst: Be sure to check out my Whole30 Meal Plan with Weekly Shopping Lists.
To make these air fryer eggs, you just need THREE INGREDIENTS. Okay, if you’re counting salt and pepper, then there’s five. But still.
The only real ingredients are prosciutto, fresh spinach, and eggs.
Prosciutto is readily available at many grocery stores, and it’s been very easy for me to find Whole30 compliant prosciutto. That’s because prosciutto is supposed to be made with just pork and salt. Curing happens over time, without nitrates. Always check the ingredients label, but personally, I have yet to find prosciutto that contains anything besides those two ingredients.
And if you want a little extra burst of flavor, drizzle some Whole30 Pesto on top of your egg cup… yum!
How to Make Prosciutto Egg Cups
If you’re cooking in the air fryer, be sure to choose the a small muffin tin or silicone muffin cups, whichever will fit inside your air fryer. I have a top-opening air fryer so this tin fits snugly inside, but these muffin cups would work great since they’re made specifically for the air fryer! Then, making the dish is so simple!
- Lay one piece of prosciutto inside each cup, pressing to line the bottom and sides of each cup. You do not need to spray the tin first – as the prosciutto cooks, it will naturally pull away from the tin.
- Press about 4-5 spinach leaves to each cup. You can easily substitute any other vegetables you might like here, but if they’re veggies that need longer cook time (like kale, bell peppers, onions, etc.) saute them in a skillet until softened first.
- Crack one egg into each cup. Then just sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and they’re ready to go into the oven or air fryer!
Air Fryer Egg Cups:
Preheat the Air Fryer to 375F. Carefully add your muffin tin or muffin cups (leave a little space between them), and close. Cook for 10 minutes.
Oven Baked Egg Cups:
Preheat your oven to 375F. Set the muffin tin on the middle rack and cook for 12 minutes for a medium-runny egg.
Store the egg cups in the refrigerator in an air tight container or baggie in. When stored properly, they keep for 4-5 days! Just reheat as you need them.
I make these for meal prep ALL THE TIME! My preferred method to reheat them is in the air fryer (350 for 3-4 minutes) so the prosciutto gets crispy again, but I’ve reheated them in the microwave too. If you’re a person who just doesn’t like reheated eggs, then ideally, you’d want to eat them immediately after serving.
I feel ya, so I have two options for you! You can either scramble the eggs before you add them to the tin OR break the yolks by poking them with a fork, then cooking the egg cups for an addition 2-3 minutes. Either way, they’ll be delicious!
Yes! With just three whole-foods ingredients (prosciutto is almost always made with just pork and salt), these egg cups are Whole30 compliant. But because they’re super low in carbs, too, these egg cups are totally Keto and super Low Carb – just check the nutrition label below!
Pin it for later:
More healthy meal prep recipes:
- Easy Collard Green Wraps (Low Carb/Whole30)
- Butter Chicken Meal Prep (Low Carb, Whole30)
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes (Whole30)
- Protein Waffles & Breakfast Bar (Paleo)
Prosciutto & Spinach Egg Cups (Whole30, Low Carb)
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp pepper , salt optional
Air Fryer Egg Cups
- Preheat your Air Fryer or Oven to 375.
- While it preheats, lay one piece of prosciutto inside each cup, pressing to line the bottom and sides of each cup. As long as your muffin tin is on the newer side, you do not need to spray the tin first – as the prosciutto cooks, it will naturally pull away from the tin as it cooks. If you're not sure, go ahead and spray or drizzle a little oil inside first.
- Gently press about 4-5 spinach leaves into the bottom of each cup.
- Crack one egg into each cup. Then just sprinkle with a little pepper and they're ready to go into the oven or air fryer.
- Bake in the Air Fryer. Carefully transfer your muffin tin or muffin cups to the air fryer (leave a little space between them), and close. Cook for 10 minutes.Bake in Oven: If using silicone muffin cups, set them on a baking sheet. Set the muffin tin or baking sheet on the middle rack and cook for 12-13 minutes for a medium-runny egg.