Print Recipe Jump to Recipe
This Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Frittata is a great way to incorporate delicious and different flavors into your protein-packed Whole30 and Low Carb breakfasts! I like to make this recipe in a skillet on the stovetop for quick cleanup!
Smoked Salmon Frittata!
On Saturday mornings, I’ve always loved slowing down a bit to enjoy a nice breakfast as a family. I’m often the first one up, so I savor a little time with my cup of coffee and some soft music. I take my time making breakfast, and I try to make something a little more fun than we normally have Monday through Friday.
Smoked Salmon is kind of like the bacon of seafood.
Everybody loves it, and it makes everything better. EVERYTHING. Today I used some smoked salmon I had in the fridge to make this Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Frittata, topped with sliced radishes, avocado, and tomato slices.
Whole30 + Eggs for Breakfast
If you’ve done a Whole30 before, you might be familiar with egg BURNOUT. You know what I’m talking about right? It’s a pretty common thing that happens, feeling “so over” eggs.
I eat eggs most day mostly because I love them, but also because we have hens who give us really delicious ones. You can bet I’ve had my share of egg burnout.
How to Avoid Egg Burnout
- It really helps to mix up the way prepare your eggs: Try to rotate eating them scrambled, boiled, over easy, sunny, and more!
- I also highly recommend switching up your breakfast proteins occasionally by incorporating Whole30 compliant sausages, or try my Marjoram Chicken Patties! They’re mild in flavor and great for mixing up the morning routine! As an added bonus, you can make them in advance, and they freeze beautifully!
- Most importantly, you’ve got to get creative with the flavors you incorporate into your breakfast routine!
In this recipe, adding just a little smoked salmon to the frittata gives the whole breakfast a special feel. Making recipes like this really helps keep my sometimes egged-out family stay egg-cited about breakfast!
Yes, I just said egg-cited. I know, I know, and I’m sorry.
More breakfast recipes:
- Pesto & Spiralized Zucchini Egg Nests (Low Carb, Gluten Free)
- Pepperoni Pizza Frittata (Whole30, Low Carb)
- Easy Shakshuka (Whole30, Low Carb)
- Prosciutto & Spinach Egg Cups (Whole30, Low Carb)
- Sausage and Broccoli Frittata (Whole30, Low Carb)
Pin it for later:
Nothing makes me happier than knowing my recipes are being made in your home!
If you make this recipe, will you let me know? Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Smoked Salmon & Asparagus Frittata
- 8 eggs
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or ghee
- 1 small bunch asparagus stems removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- ¼ sliced red onion
- 3-4 oz. compliant smoked salmon
- 1 avocado
- 2 radishes
- 1 medium tomato .
- Over medium heat, warm 1 Tbsp oil or ghee in a non-stick skillet. Add the mushrooms, onion, and asparagus and sautee together, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice half of the salmon and add to the vegetables. In a bowl, crack each of the eggs and whisk. Drizzle the other Tbsp of oil around the pan, pour the eggs on top, and don’t stir it anymore.
- Over medium heat, allow the bottom to set without stirring at all, then lower the heat and cover. Cook for another 5-6 minutes (you could also put it under the broilerr until cooked through).
- Slide it out of the skillet onto a large plate or cutting board. It should come out verrrrrry easily! Top with avocado, tomato, sliced radishes and the remaining smoked salmon.