Jump to Recipe
This easy Greek Chickpea, Avocado, and Cucumber Salad is tossed with feta cheese, red onion, tomatoes, and a quick Greek Lemon Dressing. It’s the perfect vegetarian side dish!
And because it’s made with household staples, it comes together quickly without any cooking at all! Make it for meal prep or to share at your next backyard picnic or party.
About the Recipe
This is just one of those salads that gets stuck in your mind. It’s one you’ll come back to time and time again.
One day you’ll be walking through the park some day and out of nowhere your husband will say, “It’s been a while since you made that chickpea and avocado salad! That was really good. Maybe we should have that this week.” I know this because it just happened to me… yesterday!
Because when you find a super simple, absolutely wonderful recipe, you don’t ever really forget it. I tend to make this chickpea and avocado salad on sunny spring days when I want something light and totally fulfilling.
It’s great for backyard bbqs, picnics, potlucks, or anytime at all!
If you’ve got already a can of chickpeas in your pantry, the rest of the ingredients you need are household staples or easily found at most grocery stores!
For the Salad
- Chickpeas: Canned chickpeas are my jam! Just pop open a can and you’re done. If you prefer to make your own, that’s awesome too!
- Cucumber: I like to use English Cucumbers, but whatever kind you have is just fine!
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Crumbled Feta
- Red Onion
- Greek Lemon Dressing (see below)
- Olives, optional: I left olives out of my salad because I’m not an olive person. If you love them, go ahead and add them in!
Greek Lemon Dressing
This dressing is super delicious! If you ask me, it tastes like a copycat Zoe’s Kitchen Greek Dressing. It’s very rich, herby, and just generally really tasty. Here’s what you need:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Dill
- Salt & Pepper
Making Greek Chickpea, Avocado, and Cucumber Salad
All of the flavors in this Greek Chickpea, Avocado and Cucumber Salad are just lovely together! The combination of chickpeas with creamy avocado, crisp cucumbers, sweet tomatoes, tangy feta, and the lemon dressing is just wonderful and definitely a crowd pleaser!
This chickpea cucumber salad is no-cook (because you don’t have to actually cook anything) but there’s a little but of You’ll need to plan to spend a little time chopping and dicing! of the work that goes into this salad is
- Make the Salad Dressing: This just involved mincing a garlic clove, juicing the lemon, and then mixing all the ingredients together.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and dice the onion.
- Peel and cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise. I like to de-seed the cucumbers by scooping out the insides with a spoon. This is totally optional, but I prefer when the salad isn’t as wet. Last, slice the cucumbers. Note: You can save the seeds to add to your smoothies!
- Dice the avocado, then add all the ingredients to a large bowl, drizzle with the Greek Dressing.
- Mix well, season to taste, and serve!
Tips & FAQ
To Make It in Advance
Like my Broccoli Bacon Salad, this Chickpea Avocado Salad is a great make-ahead dish to bring along to parties and get togethers!
To prepare it up to a day in advance, follow the recipe directions with one change:
- Keep the prepared salad covered in the refrigerator, and wait until just before serving to add the avocado and salad dressing. This will keep it from getting soggy and brown.
What to Serve With It
This salad is wonderful on its own, and also pairs well a lot of proteins! I’d recommend serving it with lamb meatballs, sautéed shrimp, grilled chicken, easy grilled salmon, mediterranean chicken, or even canned tuna!
How to Store
Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2 days. If you leave the avocado out, it will keep for longer, for 3-4 days.
Like this recipe? Please drop a star rating below!
Greek Chickpea Avocado & Cucumber Salad
Simple, delicious and oh so fresh! This salad is vegetarian, gluten free, and perfect to serve a crowd!
Chickpea, Avocado & Cucumber Salad
- 1 chickpeas
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp diced red onion about 1/4 of a red onion
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives optional
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Make the Salad Dressing
Mince the garlic clove and juice the lemon. Add all ingredients to a container with a lid and shake well.
Prep the Vegetables
Slice the tomatoes in half and dice the onion. Peel and cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise. Optionally, de-seed the cucumbers by scooping out the insides with a spoon. Last, slice the cucumbers. Dice the avocado.
Assemble the Salad
Add all the ingredients to a large bowl, drizzle with salad dressing, and mix well. Season to taste and serve!