Dill Pickle Chicken Salad, made with oven baked, slow cooker, or Instant Pot chicken, crunchy pickles, red onion, fresh dill, mayo and garlic. It’s an easy way to mix up your Whole30, Paleo, and Low Carb weekly meal prep!
This post may contain affiliate links. I only share products I use and love!
There’s nothing worse than boring chicken salad, am I right? Well, here’s the answer to your meal prep blues: Dill Pickle Chicken Salad!
If you’re like me and LOVE pickles, then this recipe is for you! Best of all, it’s Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free AND Low Carb!
Okay, here’s what you need:
- Chicken Breasts
- Mayonnaise: Use sugar free, Whole30 mayo or make your own
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Red Onion
- Dill Pickles & Pickle Juice (the brine in the pickle jar, just for cooking the chicken): By the way, my favorite sugar free dill pickles are Grillos!
- Fresh Dill
You might notice that there’s no added salt in this recipe. That’s because the pickles are already salty enough! If you find you need a little salt at the end, though, feel free to sprinkle away!
Making the Recipe
What makes this dill pickle chicken salad extra flavorful? The way you cook your chicken! In basic terms, your chicken is going to be poached in the pickle juice!
I’m telling you, there’s no better way to infuse more flavor in your chicken than this.
If you’d rather skip this step, you can use store-bought rotisserie chicken, regular grilled chicken, canned chicken, or leftover chicken. It will still be absolutely delicious!!
Once your chicken is cooked, allow it to cool. Meanwhile, dice the pickles, onion, and dill. Last, all you’ve got to do is mix everything together!
- How to Store Chicken Salad: Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I like to serve Dill Pickle Chicken Salad in lettuce wraps, over crunchy romaine salad, with bell peppers, or paleo crackers.
Like this recipe? Tap the 5 star rating below!
Dill Pickle Chicken Salad
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts
- 2 cups dill pickle juice
Dill Pickle Chicken Salad
- 3/4 – 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup diced dill pickles
- 3 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Cook the Chicken
- Oven Instructions: Preheat your oven to 375. Season the chicken lightly with black pepper. Add the chicken to a medium baking dish and pour in the pickle juice. Cover tightly with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Add the chicken and pickle juice to your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2.5 hours or high for 1.5 hours.
- Instant Pot Instructions: Add the chicken and pickle juice to your Instant Pot. Cover and set to High Pressure for 10 minutes. Allow for a NPR (Natural Pressure Release) by allowing the steam to dissipate slowly, and without turning the vent knob.
Prep the Ingredients
- Once the chicken is cooked, set it aside to cool. Meanwhile, dice the pickles and red onion and chop the fresh dill. Once the chicken is cool, dice the chicken into bite-sized pieces, or however small you prefer the pieces of chicken to be.
Make the Chicken Salad
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Start with less mayo and add more if you like a little more. Season to taste and enjoy!