Avocado Green Goddess dressing is made with fresh herbs, lemon juice, rich olive oil, and creamy avocado, and it has SO MUCH FLAVOR! Best of all, it’s made with no mayo and is vegan, Whole30 and Keto friendly!
Why We Love It
I’m kind of all about healthy salads these days. There’s something about a big bowl, filled to the brim with my favorite veggies and proteins, and drizzled with an ultra flavorful salad dressing.
This avocado green goddess dressing is exactly perfect for all my salad cravings these days. It’s bursting with bright, rich, and herby flavors. I’m telling you, once you make this dressing, you’ll want to make it all the time!
The key to green goddess dressing is the herbs. When you combine so much fresh herbaceous flavor, you’re bound to end up with a wonderful result. Add in some creamy avocado? Fugheddaboudit.
Here’s what you need:
- Oil: I use extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
👉 Note: There is no mayo in the green goddess dressing! When you add a creamy avocado, you don’t need mayo, and making it this way also keeps it vegan and vegetarian friendly.
👉 Tip: Save the herb scraps to use in your next batch of homemade vegetable stock!
How to Make It
When I tell you this salad dressing is easy to make, I mean it.
*Optional step: Lightly char the lemon halves and chives before you make the dressing. It adds a bit of smokey depth to the flavor, but it’s totally up to you! The dressing is equally wonderful without it.
Step 1: Place everything besides the oil into your blender. Pulse to break down the ingredients.
Step 2: Drizzle the oil in as you continue to blend the mixture. Once it’s smooth, season to taste and enjoy!
It’s really as simple as that! The bright citrus, rich oil, creamy avocado, and fresh herbs make it a tried and true favorite I come back to time and time again.
Tips & Info
To Store: For best results, use the salad dressing within 1 day, but it can be stored safely for longer.
Simply transfer the salad dressing to an airtight container and store covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Ways to Use the Dressing: I like to use this creamy, herby dressing on top of a bright, fresh salad or as a dipping sauce for air fryer sweet potato fries. You can also drizzle it on top of eggs, or use it inside collard wraps.
How I used it today (and pictured below) is on a beautiful, crunchy salad with romaine, sliced avocado, sweet potatoes, sliced grilled sirloin, and fresh herbs. It was unbelievable!!
I’d love to hear about your experience making this recipe!
Please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 Tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional Step: Char the Chives and Lemon
- Heat a grill to medium, about 450 degrees. Alternately, you could heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cut the lemon in half, and cut the white ends off the chives. Brush the chives lightly with olive oil and grill for just a minute or so or just until browned, turning often to keep them from burning. Add the lemons face down on the grill and cook just until browned, about 2 minutes.
Make the Dressing
- Add all the ingredients except oil to your blender. Pulse until everything is broken down slightly.
- Turn the blender on low-medium, and slowly drizzle the oil in as it blends until incorporated. Season to taste.