This simple Roasted Salmon with Blood Orange & Avocado Salad is topped with an herby blood orange and avocado salad. It’s super fast to make in just 20 minutes, so it’s perfect for a Whole30 and Paleo weeknight dinner.
Why We Love It
This oven roasted salmon recipe is topped with almonds, dates, mint, and dill, and it was unbelievably delicious. Ever since, it’s all I can think about! That meal is what inspired this recipe!
So when I pulled some salmon out of the freezer the other day, I decided to channel that delicious meal and use it as inspiration by incorporating the fresh dill and mint in my avocado and blood orange salad. It was soooo good, and it really felt like springtime on a plate!
This is exactly the kind of dinner I love: simple, healthy, bright, delicious!
I guess I’m just a girl who loves seafood, and salmon is always at the top of my list. It’s rich, oily, and flavorful without being super fishy. Besides halibut, salmon is probably my favorite fish, and definitely the fish we eat most often.
Speaking of halibut, have you checked out my Grilled Halibut & Strawberry Guacamole recipe? Okay, focus, Laura. Back to this recipe.
- Salmon is one of the most nutrient-dense seafoods out there, full of healthy omega-3s, plus potassium, selenium, and vitamin B12. I always try to choose wild caught and sustainably sourced salmon because that’s something that’s important to me, but good quality farmed salmon is a-okay in my home too!
- If you don’t have blood oranges or they aren’t in season, just swap out regular oranges!
Cooking the Dish
The salmon is simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and just a pinch of cayenne, then quickly roasted in the oven.
While the salmon cooks, make the blood orange and avocado salad by slicing the oranges, dicing the avocado, and mincing the herbs. Add the salad ingredients together.
Once the fish is cooked, generously top the salmon and get ready to dig in!
More Healthy & Delicious Dinners
- French Onion Pork Chops (Whole30, Paleo)
- Dutch Oven Beef Stew (Whole30, Paleo)
- Asian Salad Bowls with Shrimp (Whole30)
- Healthy Tuscan Chicken (Whole30)
I’d love to hear about your experience making this recipe!
Please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Simple Roasted Salmon with Blood Orange and Avocado
Blood Orange – Avocado Salad
- 2 blood oranges segmented
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon almonds slivered or chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 6 oz. salmon fillets
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
- pinch teaspoons cayenne optional
Roast the Salmon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towels. Drizzle with olive oil and season lightly with salt, pepper, and cayenne, if using.
- Lay the salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 8-11 minutes or until flakey but cooked through.
Make the Salad
- While the salmon cooks, peel and segment the oranges. Remove the pit from the avocado and dice it. Roughly chop the dill and mint, then gently mix everything together in a bowl.