This delicious and healthy Beet Orange Tequila Cocktail is made with beet juice, freshly squeezed orange and lime juice, and tequila. It’s a beet margarita but there’s no added sugar or junk, so you get to enjoy the earthy, sweet, and vibrant flavors in every sip!
Why We Love It
This is one healthy cocktail that’s sure to have you pouring seconds! It’s made with sweet orange juice, bright lime juice, earthy beet juice, and of course, tequila. If tequila isn’t your thing, try this Orange Crush or Blood Orange Gin Cocktail.
It’s made with just four ingredients, and there’s no added sugar or junky ingredients. It’s just a refreshing cocktail to drink whenever the mood strikes!
It’s refreshing, a little earthy, and reminiscent of a classic margarita without being overly sweet or heavy. And of course, you just can’t beat that beautiful, rich color!
- Beet Juice. Look for brands without any added sugars or artificial ingredients. Alternatively, you can make your own using a juicer.
- Orange Juice. I prefer to use freshly squeezed orange juice or using fresh or defrosted frozen oranges.
- Rimming salt, optional.
How to Make It
Step 1: First, juice the orange and the lime. Depending on the size of the fruit, you will need 2-3 oranges to get enough juice. If you have any orange leftover, slice it to use for garnish.
Step 2: Fill a large cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour the beet juice, orange juice, lime juice, and tequila into the shaker. Cover tightly and shake to combine the ingredients.
Step 3 (optional): Salt rim two glasses by running a slice of lime around the rim of each glass. Turn each glass upside down and press gently into a shallow dish of rimming salt. Flip the glass back right-side up.
Step 4: Fill each glass halfway with ice and pour the mixed cocktail into the glass. Garnish with a slice of orange and/or lime, and sip away!
👉 To make a frozen margarita: Add the juices, tequila, and ice to a blender until the ice is broken down into a slush consistency. Pour into salt-rimmed glasses.
👉 For an extra frosty cocktail: Chill your glasses by setting them in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before you start preparing the cocktail.
FAQ & Tips
The orange juice and lime juice are the only things sweetening this margarita, so it tastes lightly sweet but not overly sweetened. Remember, it is made without triple sec or margarita mix, both of which are made with added sugar. If you’d like your cocktail sweeter but still want to keep it healthier, add 1 teaspoon of agave or honey to the mixture per serving.
This margarita can be prepped in advance! Add the beet juice, lime juice, orange juice, and tequila to a container. You just don’t want to dilute the margarita with ice or use salt prior to serving. Just before serving, give the mixture a quick mix, then add it to a cocktail shaker with ice to chill it thoroughly and serve.
Beet juice contains antioxidants, plus potassium and other vitamins and minerals. It is thought to have many other health benefits as well!
1. Pour the rimming salt onto a small, shallow dish that’s wider than the glasses you’re using.
2. Slice a lime into wedges and cut a small slice partially through the flesh.
3. Run the lime slice all around the rim of the glass, transferring a bit of juice onto the inner and outer parts of the glass.
4. Flip the glass upside down and press it gently into the salt. Flip it back right side up.
Are you making this cocktail? I’d love to hear about your experience making it!
Please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Healthy Beet Orange Tequila Cocktail
- 3 oz. tequila
- 2/3 cup beet juice
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from 2-3 oranges)
- 4 Tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- rimming salt
- Juice the oranges and lime.
- Fill a large cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in the beet juice, orange juice, lime juice, and tequila. Close the lid tightly and shake.
- Sakt rim two glasses by rubbing a lime slice all the way around the lip of the glass. Turn the glasses upside down, and one at a time, press gently into the rimmimg salt a few times so the salt sticks to the lime juice. Turn the glasses right side up.
- Fill each glass halfway with ice, then pour the shaken margarita over the ice to fill each glass. Garnish the glasses with a slice of lime or orange (optional).