Simple fall ingredients make this frozen Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail absolutely delicious! Apple cider, bourbon, chai tea, and almond milk are blended together to make this easy frozen slushie cocktail! Make it for your next holiday party or get-together. Trust me, this is the best, most delicious drink you’ll have all fall!
Bourbon and Apple Cider Cocktail
Like peanut butter and jelly, the combination of bourbon and apple cider in this cocktail is just meant to be. I honestly don’t think a better marriage of flavors is out there!
The spices and sweetness from the bourbon, chai, and cider work together beautifully and are really warming. And when you add just a touch of almond milk, it becomes this super creamy and dreamy cocktail. I’m kind of low-key obsessed.
How to Make it
I really like to keep my recipes as simple as possible, because when you have good ingredients, it doesn’t take much work to make them shine.
- Just get some fresh apple cider, good quality bourbon, and brew some chai tea. Freeze the chai and apple cider in ice cube trays.
- Then, once the tea and cider are frozen, you’re only moments away from your drink! Add everything to a blender (liquid on the bottom to help is blend smoother).
- Pulse to break up the ice cubes, then blend until it’s smooth, creamy, and dreamy.
- Spoon into glasses and garnish with a cinnamon stick and a slice of apple. It’s so easy!
*Tip: Freeze everything the day before, then blend it all up just before you’re ready to serve it.
About the Recipe
Enjoying all the lovely fall flavors of apple and bourbon in a cocktail is a fun and refreshing way to welcome autumn.
I made this drink on a chilly day in October, but here in Lynchburg, apple season starts in August… and temps are consistently in the 80s and 90s until the end of September! So even though we’re bringing out all the fall flavors, it still very much feels like summer.
A frozen cocktail slushie is especially welcome on one of those warmer days.
Can I make an apple cider cocktail without alcohol?
YES! All you need to do is leave the bourbon out to make this drink completely non-alcoholic. I’ve done this MANY times for myself and my kids, and they love it! And if you like alcohol-free drinks, check out my other mocktail recipes.
To make it non-alcoholic: Simply leave out the bourbon, and this will be a delicious and completely Whole30 compliant mocktail!
Pin it for later:
Do you like this recipe? Leave a star rating below!
And if you make it, I’d love to see! Tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Frozen Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup chai or black tea
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 8 oz. bourbon
Garnishes (all optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking spice or substitute cinnamon
- 4-8 cinnamon sticks
- 1 apple sliced
Freeze the Apple Cider and Tea
- Steep a chai tea bag in hot water for at least 4 minutes. Remove the bag. Pour the apple cider and chai tea into ice cube moulds and set in the freezer. Freeze until solid, about 6 hours.
Make the Cocktail
- Once the apple cider and chai tea are frozen, add them to your blender. Pour the almond milk and bourbon in. Pulse to begin to break the cubes down, then blend on high until fully combined.
Garnish & Serve
- Spoon the mixture into four glasses. Garnish each glass with a extra apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and a pinch of baking spice.