This Fresh Grapefruit Mocktail is lightly sweet, unbelievably refreshing and herbaceous, and of course, a non-alcoholic drink. It’s refined-sugar free, and it’s Whole30, Paleo and Weight Watchers friendly, too!
I love this mocktail because it’s easy, fresh and very hydrating, and when I salt-rim the glasses, it *almost* reminds me of a seasonal margarita. I’m calling it a Fresh Grapefruit Mocktail, but I almost called it a Grapefruit Mock-arita.
Either way, it’s super simple to make and absolutely delicious! I used it to make myself a grapefruit sage mocktail, a little non-alcoholic drink to enjoy. I like to make one on a warm spring day while waiting for dinner to cook.
Check out some of my other refreshing summertime drink recipes: Coconut Mojito Mocktail and Collagen-Kombucha Slushie Mocktail.
- Fresh Grapefruits
- Fresh Sage
- Grapefruit Seltzer
- Lemon Zest Salt, optional. I get my lemon zest salt from Jacobsen Salt Co. It’s absolutely delicious & fabulous in cooked dishes as well!
Infused Simple Syrup
The quick infused grapefruit & sage syrup comes together really easily by squeezing juice fresh from the grapefruit, then reducing it over light heat with some sage leaves.
As the grapefruit juice reduces, the natural sweetness and grapefruit flavor becomes intensified. The sage infuses a bit of herby, earthy flavor, which perfectly compliments the sweet grapefruit.
Once you make the syrup, you use it as the base for the mocktail. Salt rim the glass, fill with ice and simple syrup, then top off with grapefruit flavored seltzer (I love Bubly and La Croix!). And boom, done!
Making this drink? I’d love to hear about your experience!
Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Fresh Grapefruit Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
- 2 grapefruits, juiced, about 1.5 cups fresh juice
- 4-5 sage leaves
- 12 oz. unflavored or grapefruit flavored seltzer
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 3 Tablespoons lemon zest salt, optional
Optional: Salt Rim the glasses
- Cut the a grapefruit in half and run one piece along the edge of four small glasses. Pour sea salt in a shallow dish and dip each glass in.
Prepare the drink!
- Juice two grapefruits, removing any seeds. Bring the juice to a simmer in a small pan.
- Add 4-5 sage leaves and simmer everything together for about 5 minutes (or until reduced by about a third).
- Remove the leaves and chill the juice in the refrigerator until cold.
- Divide the juice between 4 glasses. Add crushed ice to each glass until 3/4 full.
- Top off with Grapefruit flavorful seltzer for a little sparkle!