Easy and gluten free healthy lunch box ideas for kids are here to help just in time for the near school year! These gluten free and gluten friendly kids lunches will have your kids excited about (and actually eating!) their packed lunch.
*This post contains affiliate links. I only share products I use & love.
Before I go too far, the most asked question I get about my kids lunch boxes isn’t about the food itself, but about the containers! Here are my recommendations!
Best Kids Lunch Boxes
- Most Versatile: OmieBox. You can customize the compartment sizes and optionally use the thermos insert.
- Best for Toddlers: OmieBox. It has a build in handle, customizable compartment, and is super easy for little hands to open and close.
- Most Durable Lunchbox: LunchBots. This lunchbox is the most durable one we’ve had. It’s made from stainless steel so it won’t crack or break like plastic. We’ve had one for about 3 years and it’s in perfect shape.
Best Lunch Accessories
- Snack containers: Lunchbots make fantastic leak proof containers.
- Utensils: OmieBox. The little carrying pouch is awesome! My kids think it’s the coolest.
- Best Water Thermos: Yeti. These are quality made and will last a long time! The price is a little higher than plastic bottles, though, so my only worry is that my forgetful kids will lose them.
Easy Gluten Free Lunch Box Ideas
Okay, here we go! These are some of my kids’ favorite lunch ideas and recipes. They’re simple, fun, and delicious, so give them a try!
***An important note: This post only contains ideas for Gluten free and gluten friendly kids lunch boxes but is not an expert source of product information. It’s very important that you to CHECK the labels on any products you buy to ensure they’re certified gluten free, as companies frequently make changes to their products.
1. Pita Pizza Lunchables
My kids and all their friends think this lunch is really, really cool. I came up with this recipe when working with BFree Gluten Free Pita Bread, and it’s been a favorite ever since! What’s in it:
- Gluten Free Pita Bread
- Tomato Sauce: I like Otamot or Rao’s Pizza Sauce
- Mini Pepperoni
- Mozzarella Cheese
Tip: Use these leak proof containers for sauce, dressings, or anything messy!
2. Yogurt & Granola Lunch Box
My middle child is a classic “I don’t want to eat anything” kid. This lunch is perfect for him, because it’s definitely on the sweet side without being a total sugar bomb. What’s in it:
- Kids RXbar: They’re made with gluten free oats.
- Vanilla Yogurt or Kefir
- Granola: Check to be sure it’s gluten free.
3. Cracker Sandwich Lunch Box
These easy cracker sandwiches are a lot of fun! Your kid get to assemble them lunchable style and enjoy!
- Gluten Free Crackers: I love Simple Mills Paleo friendly crackers.
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Cheddar Cheese
- Deli Turkey: Be careful with lunch meat, because some contain sneaky gluten!
4. Chicken Nuggets Lunch Box
This is a far cry from the icky cafeteria chicken nuggets I grew up eating. It’s not hard to find quality chicken nuggets in the freezer aisle at your grocery store these days.
5. Greek Chicken Dippers
My oh so sophisticated seven year old really enjoys this lunch. Basically I just slice up marinated grilled chicken and serve it with some sliced pita, cucumbers, hummus, and tzatziki sauce. What’s in it:
- Sliced Grilled Chicken
- Hummus & Tzatziki Sauce
- Sliced Mini Cucumbers
- Gluten Free Pita
You may also like: Easy Whole30 Mini Meals, Porter Road Review.
Now please tell me, which one of these lunch boxes would your child love most?