This Whole30 & Low Carb Sausage, Broccoli and Onion Frittata is the perfect make-ahead meal. Enjoy it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or anytime at all! Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
Protein Packed Breakfast
Breakfast! It’s the most important meal of the day, right? It’s also the busiest time of our day, trying to get teeth brushed, shoes tied, lunches packed, and more!
One of the things I do during a round of Whole30 (and whenever a busy week is coming on), is make a big ole’ frittata. Frittatas are great for a lot of reasons, but my favorite thing about them?
Because you can use up whatever veggies you have on hand and any extra or leftover proteins, it turns what might become food waste into an absolutely amazing meal.
Need breakfast in seconds in the morning? Need a packed lunch on the go? The frittata is the answer, my friend. Make one. Preferably this one! Or this one. And then go check out my super easy Whole30 breakfast bowl ideas!
Made with sugar-free sausage and eggs, this frittata is full of healthy protein, and I packed it full of healthy veggies, too! My kids went a little berserk when we sat down to eat it, picking out every single piece of sausage first.
I kept telling them, “It’s better when you get a little of everything in your bite!” but they did NOT believe me. Sausage first, Mom.
In any case, I’m not complaining — any way my kids want to eat it is totally fine by me!
Pin it for later:
Are you following Low Carb / Keto?
The more I learn about this way of eating, the more interesting it sounds! There are sooooo many stories of people totally transforming their lives through Keto and Low Carb lifestyles.
So I’ve been paying closer attention to which ingredients fit into those plans better, and have realized many of my recipes are already low carb!
Will you be making this Frittata? Nothing makes me happier than knowing that! Leave a star rating or drop a comment below!
Sausage, Broccoli, and Red Onion Frittata
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 lb. breakfast sausage links
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil⠀
- salt & pepper⠀ to taste
Prepare the Vegetables & Eggs
- Slice the onion and chop the broccoli into bite sized pieces, removing any large stems.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk together. ⠀
Cook the Frittata
- Over medium heat, cook the sausage, onions, and broccoli in a medium skillet, turning occasionally, until the sausage is browned and the broccoli is slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Remove them and set them aside. Remove the sausages and slice them into bite sized pieces, then stir the sausage back into the skillet.
- Turn your broiler on.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies and sausage, and pour the eggs on top. Gently pull the eggs away from the sides of the pan with a spatula as it cooks, letting the eggs fill in the spaces. Repeat until it becomes too cooked to fill easily. ⠀
- Cover the skillet and cook on very low heat for about 4 minutes, until mostly cooked through. Finish it under the broiler for about 1-2 minutes until cooked through.
- Slide the frittata out of the pan and slice. Season with a little flakey salt and pepper and enjoy!⠀