These Pepperoni and Cheese Crisps have got to be the easiest Gluten Free and Low Carb / Keto snack of all time! You just need three ingredients and less than five minutes to make them at home, and you can cook them in a skillet, oven, or microwave, whatever you prefer!
*This post contains affiliate links. I only share products I use & love!*
Easy Keto & Gluten Free Appetizer
I’m sure by now you guys know I’m a girl who really loves her snacks. From my Mini Burger Bites to my Everything Bagel Deviled Eggs, I’m always in the mood for finger foods!
And these Pepperoni and Cheese Crisps are no exception. They’re crispy, crunchy, salty, and oh so delicious, plus crazy fast and easy to make. The first time I made them, my husband took one bite and said, “These are KETO MAGIC!”
Honestly, there isn’t a better way to describe them. Whether you’re looking for a mid-afternoon snack, a movie night treat, or a crowd pleasing appetizer for game day, this recipe is it!
You may also like: Pepperoni Pizza Frittata, Shishito Peppers, Keto Egg Salad with Bacon.
Now I already told you the ingredients list was short, right? Well here’s the whole list, just 3 items long!
- Cheese: Use shredded cheddar or a shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese blend.
- Pepperoni: I like Applegate’s Uncured Turkey Pepperoni or their Pork and Beef Pepperoni, but any thinly sliced pepperoni will work great.
- Tomato Sauce: I used Rao’s Marinara Sauce, but any sugar-free or Keto-friendly marinara brand is perfect!
*Important Note: If you have a gluten allergy or sensitivity, be sure to check the ingredients label on your products for gluten free certification.
Skillet Pepperoni & Cheese Crisps
These little bites of heaven are SO simple to make, and really quick too! My favorite way to make them is on a skillet. Here’s how to do it:
- Heat a skillet on the stove top over medium heat. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of shredded cheese into the skillet in a pile. Repeat and leave a bit of space between each pile, however many your skillet will fit. Cook for about one minute.
- When the cheese starts to bubble, add a slice of pepperoni on top. Cook for another minute or so.
- Once the edges of the cheese starts to brown and crisp, use a spatula to flip. Cook for another 30 seconds, then transfer to a plate to serve with sauce.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a flat plate. Add cheese in small piles on top of the parchment paper, about 1 tablespoon each, with a little space between. Lay a slice of pepperoni on top of each pile of cheese. Microwave on high for 1-1.5 minutes, until the cheese and pepperoni are nice and crispy.
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the cheese in small piles on top of the parchment paper, about 1 tablespoon each, with a little space between. Lay a slice of pepperoni on top of each pile of cheese. Set in the oven and bake for 4-6 minutes, until the pepperoni and cheese are crispy.
Do you like these Pepperoni & Cheese Crisps? Drop a star rating below!
I’d love to hear about your experience making this recipe. Please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Pepperoni & Cheese Crisps – Keto
- Nonstick Skillet
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or a blend of shredded mozzarella and parmesan.
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup sugar free tomato sauce
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add about 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese in flat piles with a little room between them, about 4-6 piles a time depending on the size of your skillet. Cook for about one minute.
- When the cheese starts to bubble, add a slice of pepperoni on top of each pile of cheese. Cook for another minute or so, until the cheese begins to brown and get crispy on the edges.
- Use a spatula to flip each one, pepperoni side down. Cook for around 30 seconds, then transfer to a plate, pepperoni side up, and serve with tomato sauce for dipping. Repeat until you've cooked them all!