These Pepperoni and Cheese Crisps have got to be the easiest Gluten Free and Low Carb / Keto snack of all time! You just need three ingredients and less than five minutes to make them at home, and you can cook them in a skillet, oven, or microwave, whatever you prefer!
*This post contains affiliate links. I only share products I use & love!*
Easy Keto & Gluten Free Appetizer
And these Pepperoni and Cheese Crisps are no exception. They’re crispy, crunchy, salty, and oh so delicious, plus crazy fast and easy to make. The first time I made them, my husband took one bite and said, “These are KETO MAGIC!”
Honestly, there isn’t a better way to describe them. Whether you’re looking for a mid-afternoon snack, a movie night treat, or a crowd pleasing appetizer for game day, this recipe is it!
Now I already told you the ingredients list was short, right? Well here’s the whole list, just 3 items long!
- Cheese: Use shredded cheddar or a shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese blend.
- Pepperoni: I like Applegate’s Uncured Turkey Pepperoni or their Pork and Beef Pepperoni, but any thinly sliced pepperoni will work great.
- Tomato Sauce: I used Rao’s Marinara Sauce, but any sugar-free or Keto-friendly marinara brand is perfect!
*Important Note: If you have a gluten allergy or sensitivity, be sure to check the ingredients label on your products for gluten free certification.
Skillet Pepperoni & Cheese Crisps
These little bites of heaven are SO simple to make, and really quick too! My favorite way to make them is on a skillet. Here’s how to do it:
- Heat a skillet on the stove top over medium heat. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of shredded cheese into the skillet in a pile. Repeat and leave a bit of space between each pile, however many your skillet will fit. Cook for about one minute.
- When the cheese starts to bubble, add a slice of pepperoni on top. Cook for another minute or so.
- Once the edges of the cheese starts to brown and crisp, use a spatula to flip. Cook for another 30 seconds, then transfer to a plate to serve with sauce.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a flat plate. Add cheese in small piles on top of the parchment paper, about 1 tablespoon each, with a little space between. Lay a slice of pepperoni on top of each pile of cheese. Microwave on high for 1-1.5 minutes, until the cheese and pepperoni are nice and crispy.
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the cheese in small piles on top of the parchment paper, about 1 tablespoon each, with a little space between. Lay a slice of pepperoni on top of each pile of cheese. Set in the oven and bake for 4-6 minutes, until the pepperoni and cheese are crispy.
Do you like these Pepperoni & Cheese Crisps? Drop a star rating below!
I’d love to hear about your experience making this recipe. Please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Pepperoni & Cheese Crisps – Keto
- Nonstick Skillet
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or a blend of shredded mozzarella and parmesan.
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup sugar free tomato sauce
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add about 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese in flat piles with a little room between them, about 4-6 piles a time depending on the size of your skillet. Cook for about one minute.
- When the cheese starts to bubble, add a slice of pepperoni on top of each pile of cheese. Cook for another minute or so, until the cheese begins to brown and get crispy on the edges.
- Use a spatula to flip each one, pepperoni side down. Cook for around 30 seconds, then transfer to a plate, pepperoni side up, and serve with tomato sauce for dipping. Repeat until you've cooked them all!