This dairy free Keto Chocolate Shake is super tasty and a great drink to start the day or enjoy for dessert. It’s made with just a few simple ingredients and will help satisfy your chocolate cravings and keep you on track!
Note: this post contains affiliate links. I only share products I use and love!
About the Recipe
As I write this, it’s after 10:00 AM, and I’m still in the pajamas. Not to make excuses, but it wasn’t a great night.
My baby was up about every hour or so, then awake bright and early. That meant, of course, that I would have to be as well. I needed my coffee, but that wasn’t enough. I was feeling far too tired to cook anything, and cereal just wouldn’t do the trick.
I hadn’t been to the grocery store in days, so I thought I’d give myself a great start to the day with this Keto Chocolate Shake. It was a perfect breakfast, full of flavor and good fats for some feel-good energy to get me through until I make myself lunch: Keto Egg Salad with bacon!
- Full Fat Coconut Milk or Half and Half. I prefer to keep my shake dairy free, so I like to use coconut milk, but either option works wonderfully.
- Cocoa Powder. You can substitute Cacao Powder, which will be very similar in taste, and just slightly more bitter.
- Almond Butter or substitute any nut butter you prefer. Just double check there isn’t any added sugar!
- Monk Fruit Sweetener. I really like using Monk Fruit Sweetener to sweeten my Keto creations, but any other keto friendly sweetener you enjoy will work great.
- Vanilla Extract: A little vanilla extract helps to enhance the flavor and balance the bitterness in the cocoa.
- Collagen Peptides: Each scoop of unflavored collagen peptides adds 9 grams of protein and zero carbs.
- Avocado: I sometimes like to add half of an avocado for extra fat.
- A little drizzle of keto-friendly chocolate syrup.
- Keto Whipped Cream on top!
The best thing about this chocolate shake is that it’s made in about two minutes flat. All you need to do is add all the ingredients to your blender, mix it up, and that’s it! That’s about all the cooking I can handle, especially after a long night with a fussy baby!
It has a total of 6 net carbs, which fits perfectly into my plan for the day. This WOE definitely feels a lot more manageable when I can quickly make myself a little something sweet!
Like this recipe? Please tap the 5 star rating below!
Keto Chocolate Shake
- 1.5 cup full fat coconut milk or substitute half and half
- 2 Tablespoon almond butter
- 2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1.5 Tablespoon monk fruit sweetener or more, depending on taste
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to your blender. Cover and turn to high. Blend until completely smooth. Give it a quick taste, and if you like it a little sweeter, blend in another 1/4 tsp of monk fruit sweetener at a time until it's perfect.
This recipe was originally published 12/9/2013 and updated with new photos on 8/3/20.