Made in the blender with just four ingredients, these Keto Nutella Fat Bombs are absolutely delicious and a great way to get more fat! They’re also a great dessert or treat if you’re following Paleo or Low Carb way of eating.
*This post contains some affiliate links. I only share products I use & love!
About the Recipe
Let me start by saying I absolutely love making Keto recipes! My husband feels his best when he eats low in sugar and carbohydrates, so he sticks to a mostly low carb or Ketogenic diet. And I get to have a blast recreating his favorites into fun new recipes for him (and me!) to enjoy.
One of the things he’s always loved most? Nutella! You might be wondering if you can eat Nutella on Keto. The truth is, you can technically eat anything while following a Ketogenic way of eating, but but even a small amount of a food like store-bought Nutella, which is very high in refined sugar, is likely to get you out of ketosis.
The best strategy to staying on track is to make a sugar-free version. And the creamy, chocolatey, hazelnut flavors in this Keto Nutella Fat Bomb recipe are insane!
What is a fat bomb?
Fat bombs are bite-sized snacks that are sugar free, very low in carbohydrates, and high in fat, and they can be sweet or savory. They’re usually designed to help keep you in ketosis, but you don’t have to be in ketosis to enjoy fat bombs. Our bodies need fat to thrive, so there’s an easy Paleo-friendly adaptation included below.
Nutella fat bombs
And what better way to enjoy a fat bomb than with the famous flavors of Nutella! Nutty, earthy, and distinct hazelnut flavor paired with rich chocolate are what give Nutella its nutella-ness, and those foods are both Keto and Paleo friendly. Just add some creamy coconut oil and whatever sweetener you prefer, depending on if you’d prefer to keep it Keto or Paleo, and you’re in business!
This dessert is gluten free friendly, grain free, and refined sugar free. So no matter who you’re cooking for, there’s something for everyone to love!
You may also like: Keto Pepperoni Cheese Crisps, Keto Chocolate Shake, Keto Egg Salad.
Okay so I told you this recipe is easy, right? Well get excited, because once you see you only need four ingredients you’ll be 100% sold!
Here’s what you need:
- Hazelnut Butter: I got mine from Georgia Grinders. It has a little pinch of salt in it, which works beautifully in this recipe! If you don’t have hazelnut butter, you can substitute hazelnuts. Blend 2.5 cups of hazelnuts in your food processor until broken down and creamy.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil adds a good amount of fat, plus since it’s solid when chilled, will help it firm up and give this a creamy and smooth texture.
- Cocoa powder. The chocolatey goodness! You can substitute Cacao powder if that’s what you have, but also add a dash of vanilla extract to balance out the bitterness.
- Keto-friendly or Paleo-friendly sweetener of choice: The sweetener you choose will depend entirely on your dietary restrictions and preferences. If you’re following a Keto diet, use monk fruit sweetener, xylitol, stevia, or swerve. If you’re following a Paleo diet, use whole dates, maple syrup, honey, or agave.
- Flakey sea salt and chopped hazelnuts, both optional toppings.
- High Speed blender or food processor.
- Optional: Muffin/baking cups, either paper or silicone.
Making the Recipe
The steps to making the recipe are super simple and very easy to follow! In fact, there’s no actual baking to be done!
- First, add all the ingredients to your blender or food processor. Blend on high until totally smooth.
- Pour into lined muffin cups.* Fill with about 2 tablespoons each to yield 12 in total, but you can fill the cups so each fat bomb is as big or small as you’d like!
- Set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, then sprinkle with sea salt and chopped hazelnuts (if using) when you’re ready to enjoy them!
*To make without muffin cups: Optionally, you can transfer the blended mixture to a bowl, then cover and chill. Use a small ice cream scoop, melon baller, or spoons to scoop out and form 1-2 inch balls.
For best results, keep the fat bombs chilled in the refrigerator or freezer until you serve them, because they’ll become soft at room temperature.
Just look at the creamy texture in these fat bombs! Will you be making these at home? Tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom, and please drop a star rating below!
Keto Nutella Fat Bombs
- 1 cup hazelnut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, or substitute cacao powder + 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 – 3.5 Tablespoons monk fruit sweetener, swerve (erythritol), or xylotol, or substitute any Paleo or Keto friendly sweetener of choice – see notes below for more options.
- 1/2 teaspoon flakey sea salt, optional
- 1 Tablespoon chopped hazelnuts, optional
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into 12 lined muffin cups and transfer to the refrigerator. If you aren't using muffin cups, transfer the mixture to a bowl and set in the refrigerator.
- Allow the fat bombs to chill for at least 30 minutes. Remove the fat bombs from the muffin cups or scoop from the bowl into small 1-2 inch balls. Sprinkle with flakey sea salt and hazelnuts, if using. Keep chilled in the refrigerator or freezer until you're reay to serve, and enjoy!
Paleo Sweetener Options: 4 dates, 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup, or 4 Tablespoons Agave. To store: Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 2-4 weeks or freezer for 1-2 months. Keep chilled until serving.
Leave a Reply