These juicy air fryer pork chops are so easy to make and are super healthy. There’s no breading needed. Just rub both sides of the pork chops with BBQ seasoning and pop them in the air fryer, that’s it!
Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy way to make juicy pork chops, then add this to your list of new recipes to try. All you need is three ingredients and fifteen minutes to make the best pork chops. A great recipe for beginners, and my favorite way to make pork chops a little crispy without breading.
You might be surprised to learn how easy it is to cook delicious pork chops in the air fryer. You might be more surprised to learn that they’re jam-packed with delicious flavor, even when prepared without breading!
That’s because the bbq seasoning rub has a fragrant, rich, and smokey flavor, which perfectly compliments the tender pork chops. Such a great way to cook pork to keep it juicy and tender but loaded with lots of flavor.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- It only takes 15 minutes to make this easy dinner recipe. You can have a meal on the table in no time.
- This is one of the few pork chop recipes that is naturally gluten free. No breading or other fillers to make the sides of the pork chops crispy and flavorful.
- Clean-up after an air fryer dinner is so easy. Just wash the basket and any dishes you used to eat, then relax for the rest of the evening!
Before you head to the grocery store, make sure you have everything you need to make juicy air fryer pork chops. Here’s a list of the basic ingredients to have on hand:
- pork chops
- BBQ seasoning rub
Substitutions and Variations
I prefer to use boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick, but you can use thin pork chops or bone-in pork chops. If you’re cooking bone-in pork chops, lower the air fryer temperature to 380° Fahrenheit and add 1-3 minutes of cooking time.
My recipe for BBQ seasoning is made with chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt. You can also use your favorite store-bought blend if you prefer.
To make spicy pork chops, add 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to the bbq spice rub. Or, go the other direction and add extra sweetness instead! Just mix in a teaspoon of brown sugar to the BBQ rub.
For an extra flavorful pork chop, add 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese to the seasoning rub. A little cheesy crisp on the outside of these delicious pork chops is just *chef’s kiss*. For extra bbq flavor, brush each chop with bbq sauce the last 3 minutes of cooking.
Would you rather marinate your thin pork chops. Use my BBQ pork chop marinade!
How to Make Air Fryer Pork Chops
While the air fryer preheats to 400° Fahrenheit, grab a few paper towels or napkins and pat the pork chops dry on all sides.
Then sprinkle them generously with the bbq seasoning. Use your hands to rub the seasoning in a bit, so each piece is seasoned evenly on all sides.
Spray or brush the air fryer basket with a little olive oil, then carefully place the pork chops in a single layer in the basket, leaving space between each piece.
Cook for 12-14 minutes, stopping halfway to flip the pork chops.
Check the cooked pork chops with an instant-read thermometer. Once the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 145°F, remove the pork chops and set them aside to rest for at least 3 minutes.
Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
What to Serve with Air Fryer Pork Chops
You can keep everything in the air fryer too! In fact, You can make the most delicious roasted vegetables, using the rendered grease at the bottom of the air fryer basket in place of oil. Toss any kind of veggie in the grease, then roast or air fry them! Make some air fryer baby carrots and air fryer broccoli. Just keep them warm while you cook the pork chops, then everything is ready to go.
Don’t forget some extra bbq sauce as a dipping sauce for air fryer boneless pork chops.
How to Store Leftover Air Fryer Pork Chops
Store leftover air fryer pork chops in an airtight container, or wrap them tightly in foil. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place back into the air fryer with a few minutes of cook time or pop into the oven. I do not recommend reheating pork in the microwave, as it can easily get tough.
Freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw before reheating.
Tips for Success
- You can prep the pork chops in advance! Once the pork chops are seasoned, cover the plate with plastic wrap or place the chops in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before cooking.
- Use long, plastic-tipped tongs to add and flip the pork chops. It helps to avoid burning your wrists and also protects the air fryer from scratches.
- Leave space between each pork chop. To get evenly cooked pork chops, the air must be able to circulate around each piece. If you have a smaller air fryer, cook one pork chop at time.
Boneless pork chops, bout 1 inch thick, are the best cut for this air fryer pork chops recipe. If you want juicy and tender chops, a thin cut is best so that they cook so evenly and quickly!
Since pork chops are lean cut of meat, they can become tough and dry when overcooked. For an air fryer pork chop recipe that results in juicy pork, make sure to take the chops out of the air fryer basket as soon as the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
You can cook frozen pork chops in the air fryer, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Pork chops are a very lean cut, and the longer cooking time required to bring frozen meat to proper temperature would result in the loss of a lot of the moisture in the meat. That means the cooked pork will likely be very dry and tough. For best taste, it’s better to fully defrost pork chops before making these simple air fryer pork chops.
I’d love to hear about your experience making this recipe!
Please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Juicy Air Fryer Pork Chops (No Breading)
- 2/3 lb. boneless pork chops (about 1/3 – 1/2 lb. each chop)
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons bbq seasoning or mix together 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (204°C). Meanwhile, pat the pork chops dry on all sides. Sprinkle them generously with the bbq seasoning. Rub the seasoning on all sides so each piece is seasoned evenly.
- Spray or brush the air fryer basket with a little oil, then carefully place the pork chops in the basket, leaving space between each piece. Cook for 12-14 minutes, stopping halfway to flip the pork chops.
- Once the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 145°F (63°C), remove the pork chops and set them aside to rest for at least 3 minutes before serving.
- To prep the pork chops in advance, coat the chops in the rub, then cover the plate with plastic wrap or place the chops in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before cooking.
- Add up to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper and/or 1 teaspoon brown sugar to the bbq spice rub for extra flavor.
- If cooking thin pork chops, subtract 1-2 minutes from the cooking time.
- If cooking bone-in pork chops, lower the air fryer temperature to 380°F (204°C) and add 1-3 minutes of cooking time.
- To get evenly cooked pork chops, leave space between each chop so the air can circulate.
- For extra bbq flavor, brush each chop with bbq sauce before the last 3 minutes of cooking.