This Ginger Brew drink is simple to make and absolutely delicious. Use it to help soothe upset stomachs or sip when you want to enjoy a fun drink! Have it hot or cold!
I had the most awful, disgusting morning sickness ever when I was pregnant. To help ease the nausea, I tried everything that’s allowed for a pregnant woman, and the only thing that made me feel better was ginger. I began experimenting with different ways to use it, and I found that this recipe helped most with easing a queasy stomach.
Turns out, it’s super delicious to drink even when you’re feeling great! It isn’t loaded with sugar like all the other ginger ales and ginger brews. It’s light and spicy and delicious, and it’s good for when you’re just in the mood for something fun to drink!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe at home:
- Fresh Ginger
- Lemon, juice and zest
- Cayenne, optional
Best of all, you can drink this hot or cold! I like to mix the syrup with seltzer for a fizzy cold drink, and in the winter, I mix it with hot water for a zesty alternative to tea.
This stuff is pretty amazing. Not to hype it too much, but I seriously love it. Give it a try and you’ll never go back to the store bought stuff.
Like this drink? Drop a star rating below. And I’d love to hear about your experience making it — Tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Ginger Brew Syrup
Ginger Brew Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice about 1/2 lemon
- 3 Tablespoon honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest from about 1/4 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoons cayenne pepper optional
- 12 ounces seltzer or water
- Bring all the syrup ingredients together to a simmer on medium low heat. Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until reduced by about half. Strain through a fine mesh strainer. Allow the syrup to cool.
- Fill two glasses with ice. Pour 2-4 Tablespoons (depending on your flavor tastes) of the syrup into each glass, and top off with about 6 oz. of seltzer and stir. To drink it warm, simply mix with hot water and omit the ice.