Air fryer roasted breakfast potatoes– everybody’s favorite side dish! These air fryer red potatoes are Whole30, Paleo, and Gluten Free, not to mention super kid-friendly. Most importantly, it’s unbelievably easy to roast potatoes in the air fryer!
Why We Love It
And these breakfast potatoes get super crispy and delicious on the outside and stay super soft on the inside, all without the need for tons of oil! And when you roast potatoes in the air fryer, it makes them quickly and with much less cleanup!
And guess what? I’m sharing my secret to making them absolutely perfect EVERY TIME.
Like many of my recipes, you only need a handful of ingredients to make this dish. What you need:
- Red Potatoes
- Olive or Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Optional: Add a little cayenne (just a pinch), or a tablespoon of ranch seasoning.
👉 I also like to sprinkle my air fryer roasted potatoes with some fresh herbs and a drizzle of ranch once they’re cooked and crispy, but that’s up to you!
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces, about 1/2 inch while the air fryer preheats.
Step 2: Rinse the cut potatoes. This step VERY IMPORTANT, so don’t skip it! Rinsing the potatoes washes some of the starch off the potatoes so they won’t stick together in a giant potato clump.
Step 3: Pat them dry. Spread the potatoes across a few paper towels and gently pat with more paper towels.
Step 4: Toss the potatoes with oil and seasonings.
Step 5: Add the potatoes to your heated air fryer, being careful not to overfill the basket.
Step 6: Cook for 20 minutes, shaking the basket or turning once halfway through.
And that’s it! The potatoes come out super crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, so you can simply season to taste and enjoy!
What to serve with Roasted Potatoes
These potatoes are a wonderful addition to any healthy breakfast bowl, so the possibilities are endless! Here are a few more ideas:
- Air Fryer Eggs and some everything bagel seasoning, too!
- Make crispy potato tacos (okay, lightbulb! Now I really need to write a recipe for that!! Stay tuned!).
- Serve with grilled chicken (marinated in any of my 10 healthy chicken marinades!) or a burger.
- Serve with my Whole30 Breakfast Chicken Patties.
More Air FryerRecipes
I’d love to connect with you more!
Come find me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 lbs. red potatoes
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- While the air fryer preheats, wash the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces, about 1/2 inch.
- Add the cut potatoes to a large colander and run under cold water for about 5 minutes, turning them a few times.
- Lay the potatoes out on a few sheets of paper towels. Take a few more paper towels and pat them until they're dried off.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl. Toss with the oil and seasonings to coat.
- Pour the potatoes into the hot air fryer (careful not to overcrowd your air fryer), and roast for 20 minutes, shaking the basket or turning once halfway through. Near the end of the cooktime, watch closely and check to make sure it isn't burning.