This easy Air Fryer Potato Wedges recipe is a crazy delicious side dish that’s great for Whole30, Paleo, and Gluten Free eating plans. Made with just three ingredients in 20 minutes flat, they come out perfectly crispy, every single time.
Say hello to your new favorite side dish! These ranch seasoned potato wedges are air fried to crispy perfection and served with ranch dressing for dipping. I’ve been making them almost daily lately just because they’re so darn good.
If you haven’t air fried your potatoes yet, you’re in for a treat! Cooking potato wedges in the air fryer (affiliate link) gets them perfectly crispy on the outside and super fluffy on the inside.
You might be thinking that potato wedges are a fairly common side dish, but trust me, these are next level. Why?
They’re seasoned with a delicious homemade ranch seasoning blend (or your favorite store-bought brand). The ranch seasoning is zesty, bright, and herby, so it’s the perfect seasoning for crispy potatoes!
Maybe best of all, these air fryer potatoes are made with just three simple ingredients, so you won’t need to make an extra trip to the store.
Air Fryer Cooking
And did I mention how crispy the potatoes get? The air fryer cooks using convection, which allows you to get wonderfully crispy wedges on the outside, while cooking the insides to fluffy tender goodness, without using much oil.
If you didn’t already know, I love my air fryer. In fact, if I had to choose between my air fryer and any other kitchen appliance, I’d definitely choose my air fryer, with the second place spot going to my trusty Instant Pot.
The reason? I can use my air fryer to make so many different recipes, super quickly and with hardly any cleanup! I love it and highly recommend getting one.
If you love your air fryer too, check out my Air Fryer Cook Times Chart, a handy printable to reference while you’re cooking!
🥔 Recipe Ingredients
First things first. Get your ingredients ready, because there are only THREE ingredients needed to make this fabulous side dish! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Russet Potatoes. You can substitute red potatoes or gold potatoes, if you’d like. I just think russet potatoes get the crispiest!
- Olive or Avocado Oil, whichever you prefer.
- Ranch Seasoning. I used my homemade ranch seasoning, which I HIGHLY recommend. It’s made with: Dried parsley, dried chives, onion flakes, dried dill, and salt. Ranch seasoning is amazing on potato wedges and the zestiness of it makes the crispy potatoes really pop! If you’d like, you can substitute any seasoning blend you enjoy, or simply season your potatoes with the ever classic salt and pepper.
🔪 Step by Step Instructions
First, preheat your air fryer. This is important, so don’t forget it! While it preheats, wash the outsides of your potatoes, then use a sharp knife to slice them into 1/2 inch wedges.
- Tip: Leave the skins on your potatoes! Potato skins have more nutritional value than the flesh, plus it’ll save you time, which is always a good thing.
To get the crispiest potatoes, you’ll want to rinse off the potato starch on the outsides of each wedge. Transfer the cut potato wedges to a colander and rinse under cold water. Use a few paper towels to pat the potatoes dry.
Transfer the potatoes into a bowl, then drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the seasonings. Turn and mix so the oil and seasonings coat the potatoes as evenly as possible.
Use tongs to set the potato wedges into the hot air fryer basket, leaving a little space between each wedge. Do this in batches to avoid crowding the food inside your air fryer. The air needs to be able to circulate!
- Tip: It’s better to cook your potato wedges in batches in the air fryer than to overcrowd the basket. Overcrowding the air fryer will lead to uneven cooking.
Serve air fried potato wedges at breakfast with Prosciutto Egg Cups, or at dinner beside a simple steak, Grilled Chicken Salad, or sheet pan Roasted Salmon. I always serve with a side of ranch dressing or sugar free bbq sauce for dipping. I’d also recommend serving it with a frosty Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade.
This recipe calls for much less oil than other potato wedge recipes, especially any that are deep fried or roasted. This recipe only uses ONE tablespoon of oil in total, making it lower in fat and calories than many other recipes.
Transfer the cooled potato wedges to an airtight container or zip top bag. Seal and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, per USDA.
Preheat your air fryer to 375° F. Add the potato wedges to the air fryer with a little space between them. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until heated through and crispy again. Serve immediately.
Okay, now all that’s left to do is to get cooking! If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it. Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Easy Ranch Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Crispy Ranch Potato Wedges
- 1 lb potatoes russet or yukon gold
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning (see below) or substitute any other seasoning blend
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp dried chives
- 1.5 tbsp onion flakes
- 1.5 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp pink sea salt use 3/4 tbsp if substituting table salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Make the Ranch Seasoning (if using): Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse until broken down and well combined.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375° F.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice the potatoes into half inch wedges, cutting away any brown spots you might find. Rinse the potato slices in a large collander. Drain the water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, mix the potato wedges, oil, and seasonings together until fully and evenly coated.
- Carefully arrange the potatoes in a single layer inside the air fryer basket, leaving space between each one.
- Close and cook for 12-15 minutes, turning once halfway through. Note: Watch closely near the end of cook time and remove any that may be getting too browned before they burn.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce: ranch, bbq sauce, or ketchup!
Like this recipe? Tap the 5 STAR rating below!