Meal prep like a boss with this super simple Paleo and Whole30 Apple Walnut Chicken Salad, made with ingredients you probably already have in your house! With a little sweetness from the apples and a little crunch from the walnuts, this chicken salad will be your new favorite meal prep!Jump to Recipe
Why I love Chicken Salad!
Chicken salad is basically the best lunch ever. Why? Because it lets you repurpose leftover grilled chicken, jazz up rotisserie chicken, and totally customize it with whatever ingredients you like and are seasonal, I will always vote chicken salad.
And a little sweetness, some crunch make this Apple Walnut Chicken Salad one of my favorites. I do like my chicken salad with bigger chunks of apple, but if you prefer them small, very finely dice or grate the apple.
I think the ingredients in this Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Salad are fairly simple. Just chicken, celery, apples, walnuts, mayo, and red onion.
Note: If you’re looking to figure out which brands of mayo are Whole30 compliant, I rounded up all the Whole30 and Paleo compliant mayo brands to make it easy!
Once you’ve got everything, making chicken salad couldn’t be easier. Just chop, chop chop, mix, and eat. Serve on top of lettuce or kale, or inside collard wraps.
If you like this recipe, check out:
- Carrot & Curry Chicken Salad (Whole30)
- Butter Chicken Meal Prep (Whole30, Low Carb)
- Paleo Waffles & Breakfast Bar
- Greek Chickpea and Cucumber Salad
Apple Walnut Chicken Salad (Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 lb. chicken breasts about 2 1/2 cups. Or substitute leftover rotisserie or grilled chicken
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup mayo
- 1 cup apple diced (I like granny smith but use any other kind you like)
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 Tablespoon red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate up to four days. Serve over mixed greens and fresh veggies for a Keto or Whole30 option.