Meal prep like a boss with this super simple Paleo and Whole30 Apple Walnut Chicken Salad, made with ingredients you probably already have in your house! With a little sweetness from the apples and a little crunch from the walnuts, this chicken salad will be your new favorite meal prep!
Why it Works
Chicken salad is basically the best lunch ever. Why? Because it lets you repurpose leftover grilled chicken, jazz up rotisserie chicken, and totally customize it with whatever ingredients you like and are seasonal.
I will always vote chicken salad for quick and easy meal prep and fast lunches!
And when you add a little sweetness from apples and some crunchy walnuts, this salad is a fun, autumn inspired chicken salad. one of my favorites.
I think the ingredients in this Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Salad are fairly simple.
- Chicken. Use leftover roasted chicken, grilled chicken breasts, or rotisserie chicken.
- Red onion
Note: If you’re looking to figure out which brands of mayo are Whole30 compliant, I rounded up all the Whole30 and Paleo compliant mayo brands to make it easy!
Making the Recipe
Once you’ve got everything, making chicken salad couldn’t be easier. Just chop, chop chop, mix, and eat. Serve on top of lettuce or kale, or inside collard wraps.
I do like my chicken salad with bigger chunks of apple, but if you prefer them small, very finely dice or grate the apple.
I like to serve chicken salad with fresh pomegranate, berries, and crackers.
More Healthy Meal Prep Recipes
- Carrot & Curry Chicken Salad
- Butter Chicken Meal Prep
- Mexican Tuna Salad
- Egg Salad with Bacon
- Greek Chickpea and Cucumber Salad
- Maple Pecan Granola
I’d love to connect with you more!
Come find me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Apple Walnut Chicken Salad (Paleo, Whole30)
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breasts about 2 1/2 cups diced. Or substitute leftover rotisserie or grilled chicken
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup mayo
- 1 cup apple diced (I like granny smith but use any other kind you like)
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 Tablespoons red onion finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- Dice the celery and apples and chop the walnuts. Cut the chicken into small, bite sized pieces. In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until well combined, starting with less mayo and adding more to your preferred consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over mixed greens and with fresh fruit and vegetables.