This easy Watermelon Mocktail is bubbly, sweet, super refreshing and perfect for summer! Best of all, it’s non-alcoholic and Whole30 compatible, made with just four simple ingredients!
I don’t drink much alcohol, but that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy a fun and refreshing drink! Especially on a hot summer day, I really love to have a tasty non-alcoholic drink in hand.
My Peaches & Cream Mocktail and Collagen Kombucha Mocktail are two of my most popular recipes ever, so if you like those, you’ll definitely like this Watermelon Mocktail too!
You only need a few summer staples to make this wonderful drink come to life in your home! Here’s what you need:
- Fresh Watermelon: Summertime has a great selection of seedless watermelons! There are tips to choose the best watermelon here.
- Lime Juice: Freshly Squeezed is best!
- Seltzer: I like to use unflavored, but Lime or Watermelon LaCroix is great for a double whammy of watermelon goodness!
- Fresh Mint
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Add the diced watermelon and lime juice to your blender. Pulse, and then blend on high until smooth.
Step 2: Place a fine strainer over a bowl, and pour the watermelon lime juice through it. This helps make the drink smooth and ensures there isn’t any gritty texture, but you can definitely skip it if you’d like.
Step 3: Muddle the mint leaves in a small pitcher, and pour the watermelon juice into the pitcher. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, until you’re ready to enjoy it!
Step 4: When you’re ready to serve the mocktail, fill your glasses halfway with ice. Pour the watermelon-lime juice over the top of the ice until the glass is 2/3 full.
All that’s left to do is to top off each glass with seltzer and garnish with a slice of lime and a sprig of fresh mint. Serve it with a straw, and if you’re feeling fancy, a little umbrella.
👉 To make this drink alcoholic: Add 1 oz. of vodka per glass and stir.
Once you’ve got your drink in hand, just sit down on a comfy lawn chair next to someone you like and sip away! Oh, and I recommend serving it with some homemade tortilla chips and corn salsa.
More Delicious & Hydrating Drinks
Making this drink? I’d love to hear about your experience making it!
Leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom.
Watermelon Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 limes juiced, plus 1 more lime sliced for garnish
- 2-3 sprigs fresh mint
- 12 ounces unflavored seltzer
- Add the diced watermelon and lime juice to your blender. Pulse, and then blend on high until smooth.
- Place a fine strainer over a bowl, and pour the watermelon lime juice through it, using a wooden spoon to mix and scrape the bottom of the strainer occasionally and help it strain faster. Note: This step helps make the drink smooth and ensures there isn't any gritty texture, but you can definitely skip it if you'd like.
- Add 6-8 mint leaves to a small pitcher and muddle it gently without over-mashing, about 3-4 times. Pour the watermelon lime juice into the pitcher and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
- Fill each glasses half with ice. Pour the watermelon-lime juice over the top of the ice until the glass is about 2/3 full. Top off each glass with seltzer and garnish with a slice of lime and a sprig of fresh mint, and a straw.