Three ingredients and less than 20 minutes is all you need to make these fabulous Prosciutto Egg Cups. These egg cups are a great breakfast option for Whole30, Paleo, and Low Carb/ Keto eating plans! Best of all, you can choose between cooking your egg cups in the air fryer OR the oven!
Why It Works
It’s no secret I love prosciutto (just check out my Prosciutto Wrapped Pears recipe!). Why? I think prosciutto the perfect addition to meals that need a little savory, salty goodness. I’m also in love with my air fryer, and I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY).
Last but not least, I love SIMPLE recipes. Like my three ingredient Stuffed Sausage, I’m totally crazy for this Whole30 & Keto, Air Fryer (or Oven) Prosciutto Egg Cups recipe.
These little egg cups come together in under 20 minutes total, and I’m telling you, everyone I’ve ever made them for goes BANANAS over them. It’s all in the presentation, and the presentation is 100%.
Psst: Be sure to check out my Whole30 Meal Plan with Weekly Shopping Lists.
To make these air fryer eggs, you just need THREE INGREDIENTS. Okay, if you’re counting salt and pepper, then there’s five. But still.
- Fresh baby spinach
Prosciutto is readily available at many grocery stores, and it’s been very easy for me to find Whole30 compliant prosciutto. That’s because prosciutto is supposed to be made with just pork and salt.
Curing happens over time, without nitrates. Always check the ingredients label, but personally, I have yet to find prosciutto that contains anything besides those two ingredients.
If you’re cooking in the air fryer, be sure to choose the a small muffin tin or silicone muffin cups, whichever will fit inside your air fryer. I have a top-opening air fryer so this tin fits snugly inside, but these muffin cups would work great since they’re made specifically for the air fryer! Then, making the dish is so simple!
- Lay one piece of prosciutto inside each cup, pressing to line the bottom and sides of each cup. You do not need to spray the tin first – as the prosciutto cooks, it will naturally pull away from the tin.
- Press about 4-5 spinach leaves to each cup. You can easily substitute any other vegetables you might like here, but if they’re veggies that need longer cook time (like kale, bell peppers, onions, etc.) saute them in a skillet until softened first.
- Crack one egg into each cup. Then just sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and they’re ready to go into the oven or air fryer!
Air Fryer Instructions
Preheat the Air Fryer to 375°F. Carefully add your muffin tin or muffin cups (leave a little space between them), and close. Cook for 10 minutes.
Oven Baked Instructions
Preheat your oven to 375° F. Set the muffin tin on the middle rack and cook for 12 minutes for a medium-runny egg.
Store the egg cups in the refrigerator in an air tight container or baggie in. When stored properly, they keep for 4-5 days! Just reheat as you need them.
I make these for meal prep ALL THE TIME! My preferred method to reheat them is in the air fryer (350° for 3-4 minutes) so the prosciutto gets crispy again, but I’ve reheated them in the microwave too. If you’re a person who just doesn’t like reheated eggs, then ideally, you’d want to eat them immediately after serving. For more egg meal prep, check out my air fryer boiled eggs!
I feel ya, so I have two options for you! You can either scramble the eggs before you add them to the tin OR break the yolks by poking them with a fork, then cooking the egg cups for an addition 2-3 minutes. Either way, they’ll be delicious!
Yes! With just three whole-foods ingredients (prosciutto is almost always made with just pork and salt), these egg cups are Whole30 compliant. But because they’re super low in carbs, too, these egg cups are totally Keto and super Low Carb – just check the nutrition label below!
- Easy Collard Green Wraps
- Butter Chicken Meal Prep
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Protein Waffles & Breakfast Bar
Making this recipe? I’d love to hear about it!
Tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom or leave a comment below!
Prosciutto and Spinach Egg Cups (Whole30, Low Carb)
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper , salt optional
Air Fryer Egg Cups
- Preheat your air fryer or oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spray or drizzle the muffin tin with oil. Lay one piece of prosciutto inside each cup, pressing to line the bottom and sides of each cup.
- Gently press about 4-5 spinach leaves into the bottom of each cup.
- Crack one egg into each cup. Sprinkle with a little pepper and they're ready to go into the oven or air fryer.
- Bake in the Air Fryer. Carefully transfer your muffin tin or muffin cups to the air fryer (leave a little space between them), and close. Cook for 10 minutes.Bake in Oven: If using silicone muffin cups, set them on a baking sheet. Set the muffin tin or baking sheet on the middle rack and cook for ~15 minutes for a medium cooked egg.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and allow it to cool slightly, until you're able to handle it. Carefully remove each egg cup from the muffin tin. Serve right away or allow to cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator 3-4 days.