This fast, healthy Mediterranean Salad with Tuna drizzled with a quick, creamy and herby Lemon Salad Dressing is everything you want for lunch! And guess what? It’s Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free AND Low Carb.
The ingredients include nutrient-dense sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, pepitas, bell peppers, and cucumbers. This is one Whole30 salad that’s so easy to make, and it’ll definitely keep you satisfied.
Best of all, it’s absolutely delicious… because healthy does NOT need to equal boring!
Why We Love It
I work from home, so most days I grab a quick lunch between answering emails and changing diapers. I know what you’re thinking, but don’t worry, I wash my hands, first!
But lunch is just one of those things that’s almost always hurried. I sometimes prep a frittata in advance (I love my chorizo, potato and kale frittata, especially!), but more often than not, I eat salads for lunch.
I used to think salads were boring and just sort of resigned myself to that. But you know what?
Salads are not boring! I promise. You just have to unlock the fun of salads again!
So even though I make fast salads, I try to be intentional about adding different flavors and textures, and truly, my easy salads take on new life! That’s what I did here with this salad and man, it’s a keeper!
Mediterranean Salad Ingredients
I love that this recipe is quick enough for a fast lunch and exciting enough for a fun weeknight dinner. There’s a little bit of chopping required, sure, but other than that, it’s really easy!
Most importantly, this is one of the most satisfying salads I’ve made this year. The combination of flavors and textures really makes it feel more like something you’d get at a specialty restaurant.
I have to say, the ingredients in this Mediterranean Salad really make it exciting! Here’s what you need:
- Canned Tuna
- Romaine Lettuce or any lettuce you prefer
- Artichoke Hearts: I prefer frozen but feel free to use your favorite jarred artichoke hearts
- Bell pepper
- Sun-dried tomatoes: I like sun-dried tomatoes in oil, because extra FLAVOR!
- Red Onion
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Lemon Dressing: coconut milk or greek yogurt, lemon juice, dried dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
How to choose canned tuna
Try to source canned tuna carefully, if you can, but just do your best with what works with your budget and what’s available to you.
If you happen to have the privilege to be able to choose, look for brands that say, “sustainably caught,” “pole caught,” or “troll caught,” because that means the tuna weren’t caught in nets.
That’s a big deal because avoiding nets means avoiding the inevitable catching of lots of other sea creatures in them!
“Lower mercury” is always a good choice, too!
Flavor-wise, I personally prefer tuna packed in olive oil, and that’s what I used in this Mediterranean Salad recipe, but that’s just a taste thing.
I think the richness of the olive oil is really nice with the mild fish. But if you prefer it packed in water, then you do you!
Making the Salad Dressing
This creamy salad dressing is dairy free, Whole30, and Paleo, and one of the easiest healthy salad dressing recipes ever!
To make the Herby Lemon Salad Dressing, simply whisk together coconut milk, lemon juice, and herbs, and you’re in business!
- Just be sure the coconut milk hasn’t been chilled first. I leave the can on the counter to bring it to room temperature, but if you’re in a rush, you can gently warm the coconut milk in a bowl in the microwave for 5-10 seconds.
- If you’re not doing a Whole30, then feel free to substitute plain greek yogurt instead of coconut milk. This won’t be Whole30 compliant, but it will be very healthy and super delicious!
Once you’ve got the lemon salad dressing made, just drizzle it on top of the salad, mix it up, and enjoy!
More Healthy, Easy Recipes
- Broccoli and Bacon Salad
- Greek Yogurt Tuna Salad
- Curry Carrot Chicken Salad Meal Prep
- Chicken & Bacon Caesar Salad
- Tomato-Basil Grilled Turkey Salad
- Greek Chickpea & Avocado Salad
Are you making this recipe? I’d love to hear about your experience.
Please leave a comment below, or tag me on Instagram @cookathomemom!
Easy Mediterranean Salad with Tuna and Creamy Lemon Dressing
- 2 cans tuna in olive oil
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 2 Tablespoon pepitas
- 1 red bell pepper
Creamy Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or substitute plain greek yogurt (however this is NOT Paleo or Whole30 compliant)
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoons black pepper
Do the Prep Work
- Wash and chop the romaine. Dice the bell pepper, cucumber, and red onion.
Make the Salad Dressing
- Bring the coconut milk to room tempertature. Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
Assemble & Serve!
- Add the lettuce to a large bowl, then assemble all the ingredients on top. Drizzle the salad with the salad dressing. Toss it gently and divide between two plates or bowls.
- If you’re using coconut milk, bring it to room temp before you whisk it together to avoid it clumping.
- If you’re storing the finished salad dressing in the refrigerator for later, you can gently warm it in the microwave for 5 seconds at a time, before drizzling over the salad.
- Feel free to swap out other protein sources, like hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken, or shrimp. They’ll all be delicious!!